No announcement yet.

Spielberg/Eastwood Iwo Jima Movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I sure hope they do this battle justice. My grandfather was wounded on Iwo. He made till a couple days prior to it being declared secure before being wounded. He never talked about it other than to tell you his unit and the above info. I can only imagine the hell that place was. One of two spots on this earth I want to go to and the most least likely that I ever will be able to.
    As lord and master of your grill, you will welcome any opportunity to display your grilling prowess.
    Mario Batali, 2006

Comment

Credited Cast:

Adam Beach (Ira Hayes)
      Jesse Bradford (Rene Gragnon)
      Ryan Phillippe (John Bradley)
      Paul Walker (Hank Hansen)

More will come.

Comment

Ya think they will Play Cash's Ira Hays song for the closing credits?
        As lord and master of your grill, you will welcome any opportunity to display your grilling prowess.
        Mario Batali, 2006

Comment

Hmm, Clint directing a war movie. That'll be quite interesting to see... Who wants to start betting on what Oscars it'll be picking up?

I'm putting good odds on it getting best director..
          “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

Originally posted by dhuffjr
            Ya think they will Play Cash's Ira Hays song for the closing credits?
            I have no idea, but I don't know If you miss my last post on Page one and I'll add the links here.

http://www.flagsofourfathers.net/
            http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0418689/

Comment

Originally posted by Leatherneck
              Credited Cast:

Adam Beach (Ira Hayes)
              Jesse Bradford (Rene Gragnon)
              Ryan Phillippe (John Bradley)
              Paul Walker (Hank Hansen)

More will come.
              It's good to see a Native American has been cast in the Ira Hayes role. Adam Beach was one of the few bright spots in the "Windtalkers" debacle.

I was wondering at first why choose Iceland to film a Pacific Island movie, but I guess it has quite a bit of black lava beaches. Wouldn't the Japanese allow the film makers on Iwo? I guess they'll have to have a brief summer shooting schedule (at least they'll have lots of hours per day of sunlight), but Eastwood is known for being able to keep his shoots on schedule..............
              Lance W.

Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Iwo is much greener today. I doubt they would let us bomb the island for weeks to recreate the "period" feel.

Although I agree Iwo would have been very cool for filming. I suspect a lot of blue screen enhancements.
                Mario Batali, 2006

Comment

I don't think Speilberg would have said ok to filming on Iwo. As I recall he had the opportunity to film on location at Auschwitz for "Schindler's List" but he refused out of respect, compairing it to the Gettysburg battlefield as a "killing ground".
                  Minister Of Propaganda For Sinister Inc.

"Look! The enemy is inviting us to defeat them! We must oblige them!"

Comment

This should be well worth seeing.

On a related note - does anyone know the current status of the Hanks/Spielberg mini-series in the PTO?
                    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

An article about this new film from the SMH..

http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/the...401256181.html
                      "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."

Comment

Originally posted by Leatherneck
                        "Flags of Our Father" - The Movie

Likely coming in 2006.

http://www.flagsofourfathers.net/
                        http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0418689/
                        The simultaneous release should be interesting!

Comment

be an interesting film ,but they could have picked tenerife for filming too as it has black beaches also ,a few of them in the west and north deserted too , or use other canary islands for filming be warmer then iceland ! ..

thomas
                          owner of the yahoo group for WW1 ,WW2 and Modern TO&Es
                          (Tables of organisation & equipment or Unit of action )

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/TOandEs/

Comment

Originally posted by thomas.tmcc
                            be an interesting film ,but they could have picked tenerife for filming too as it has black beaches also ,a few of them in the west and north deserted too , or use other canary islands for filming be warmer then iceland ! ..

thomas
                            'I think costs probably had a lot to do with them picking Iceland anyways. Besides, Iceland isn't that cold in the summer from what I understand.
                            Eagles may fly; but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines!

"I'm not expendable; I'm not stupid and I'm not going." - Kerr Avon, Blake's 7

What didn't kill us; didn't make us smarter.

Comment

maybe richard from what i heard iceland during the summer is like scottish ,rain with some sunshine ! not a lot ..
                              owner of the yahoo group for WW1 ,WW2 and Modern TO&Es
                              (Tables of organisation & equipment or Unit of action )

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/TOandEs/

Comment

This will have to be good. I mean, this is Speilberg, the most powerful director in Holloywood today. Capable of blowing an audiences heads clean off. So you just have to ask yourself one question. Do you feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

I'd love to see them work that line into the movie.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X