Great stuff!!
      http://canadiangenealogyandresearch.ca

Soviet and Canadian medal collector!

Comment

Re: Spielberg/Eastwood Iwo Jima Movie

Originally posted by Army
        Check out this link: Dark Horizon

Army
        Thank you for the post! I can't wait to see this movie! Flags of Our Fathers is on my future read list. Being a Navy vet, I am proud to salute the courageous Hospital Corpsmen. Many of them sacrificed their lives to tend to wounded Marines on the battlefields of the Pacific Theater to Vietnam.

Comment

Spielberg and Eastwood - should be a good movie :thumb:
          I hate it when I see one of those road signs that says "Draw Bridge Ahead" and I don't have a pencil.
          -Lou Chiafullo

Comment

"Steve.....I think they need to shoot the prisoner."

"No Clint we just have to show some realism here and show him panicking..."

"He can panic before they shoot him...Worms gotta eat....Same as the buzzards."

Seriously... It sounds AWESOME... this should have the right mix since Clint and Steve have sorta the same mind paths as directors.
            Attached Files
            The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

Hell is other people. -Jean-Paul Sarte

Comment

Oooh-oooh.

:thumb:

Dr. S.
              Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

Can't wait:thumb:

Comment

What are they gonna use for the LVT's?

It seems like the gyrenes will be going in on this one in leftover Higgens craft (if any) from "Saving Pvt.Ryan" - like to see those nifty British LCM's again - in about the fourth wave, since nothing like the old LVT IV's exist anymore. Even "Battle Cry" in the 50's made do with tacky Korean War issue ordnance, armored cmdr cupolas and all.
                  Wonder what kind of computer wizardry can insert believeable LVT's debarking troops in this one, if any?
                  Gus

Comment

Thank you for the post! I can't wait to see this movie! Flags of Our Fathers is on my future read list. Being a Navy vet, I am proud to salute the courageous Hospital Corpsmen. Many of them sacrificed their lives to tend to wounded Marines on the battlefields of the Pacific Theater to Vietnam.
                    Many of thier sacrifices are not well known except to the Navy and Marines. I salute the corpsmen for thier actions throughout WWII to OIF. If Eastwood is doing this movie about the battle for Iwo Jima then it will be one hell of a film.

Comment

With the track record the two of them have I'm sure it will be very well done. Some CGI kamakazes would be interesting........

Any word of potential cast members?
                      Lance W.

Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

I would be willing to spend my 8 bucks for this movie. Cant wait for it to come out
                        Govenour Of Texas and all southern provinces. Kepper Of The Holy Woodchipper.

Comment

One year later and I cannot find news on this. Anyone hear anything?
                          As lord and master of your grill, you will welcome any opportunity to display your grilling prowess.
                          Mario Batali, 2006

Comment

Clint Eastwood is no ordinary man, this canno't go wrong.
                            Wisdom is personal

Comment

"Flags of Our Father" - The Movie

Likely coming in 2006.

http://www.flagsofourfathers.net/
                              http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0418689/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X