Green Zone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Zone

Saw a preview of Green Zone, and since I'm a fan of the Bourne movies I will probably see it as well. Anybody else going to see it?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0947810/

Last edited by No_Nickname; 24 Feb 10, 10:56.
    "You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

CO for 1st S.INC Shock Security Troop

You should like it if you like the Jason Bourne movies. It looks like a re-tread. Same conspiracy stuff. Some anti-Americanism.

Comment

OK, so I gather that this movie flopped at the box office, despite coming in second.

Anyone actually seen this movie yet? Any reviews?

Comment

I saw it on opening weekend. I like conspiracy movies but didn't care for this one. Anti-American, anti-military as well, portraying SF as the bad guys, you'd think this movie was made in '79. The action scenes are well done but you can hardly see them since the cameraman shakes the camera like he's going through withdrawl. Of course, of you're into Bourne movies, you'll be used to that but it's a filming style I can't stand. They say it gives it a realistic documentary style but I've seen cell camera footage more stable than that.
        A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

It would have been a good movie 4 years ago when this wasn't redundant.
          "The people never have the power, only the illusion of it. And here is the real secret: they don't want it. The responsibility is too great to bear. It's why they are so quick to fall in line as soon as someone else takes charge."
          "

Comment

Now come to think of it, the jerky camera movements in the Bourne movies seemed to get worse from movie to movie!

I suppose when you run out of fresh ideas, that's the kind of stuff you rely on.

Anyway, can't say I'm surprised. Matt Damon isn't really that great an actor. Besides the Bourne movies, I can't even remember any movie of his.

[And Ocean Eleven don't count as it was an ensemble!]

Comment

Originally posted by Ogukuo72 View Post
              Now come to think of it, the jerky camera movements in the Bourne movies seemed to get worse from movie to movie!

I suppose when you run out of fresh ideas, that's the kind of stuff you rely on.

Anyway, can't say I'm surprised. Matt Damon isn't really that great an actor. Besides the Bourne movies, I can't even remember any movie of his.

[And Ocean Eleven don't count as it was an ensemble!]
              Hint

James Ryan

Good Will Hunting, not a bad job of acting.
              Last edited by Half Pint John; 19 Mar 10, 05:23.
              "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Who, James Francis Ryan of Iowa?
                "You listen to the ol' Pork Chop Express on a dark and stormy night......"

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                  Hint

James Ryan

Good Will Hunting, not a bad job of acting.
                  I watched that one.

Can't remember if he was good in the movie or not. Just remembered that it was boring.

Comment

People have been saying this is anti-american but I tend to think it's more anti-Bush. Which I early stated is redundent. As for the anti-miltary I think that they painted the US Army as people who were mislead by Bush.
                    "The people never have the power, only the illusion of it. And here is the real secret: they don't want it. The responsibility is too great to bear. It's why they are so quick to fall in line as soon as someone else takes charge."
                    "

Comment

Originally posted by Ogukuo72 View Post
                      You should like it if you like the Jason Bourne movies. It looks like a re-tread. Same conspiracy stuff. Some anti-Americanism.
                      I saw it and would agree about the Bourne like movie. I did come out of it thinking the conspiracy was a little overdone. I disagree that it was anti-American. Rather, it highlighted the fact the Bremer and the administration made catastrophic errors by dismantling the Iraqi military.

Comment

Well, that much is true. It was a terrible mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by ace View Post
                          People have been saying this is anti-american but I tend to think it's more anti-Bush. Which I early stated is redundent. As for the anti-miltary I think that they painted the US Army as people who were mislead by Bush.
                          You may be right, I've gotten that a lot from hippie-types.

Anyway, not on my list of films to watch. Comes in somewhere between infomercials and Gilmore Girls reruns.
                          Delegate, MN GOP.

PATRIA SI, COMUNISMO NO

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...?id=1156276727

Comment

Im skipping watching this one especaially because of the anti Ami and SF crap in it. Liberal hollywoodland can go to hell for all i care.

Oh and for Ange, I just watched Kolberg. Its good for a "Lesser Period" made movie.
                            Hail Caesar, We Who Are About To Die, Salute You.

Comment

Originally posted by c.evans View Post
                              Im skipping watching this one especaially because of the anti Ami and SF crap in it. Liberal hollywoodland can go to hell for all i care.
                              I hope someday soon that the US can become depolarized politically (and stop doing this all the time) and people will actually converse without attacking each other. I am afraid the 24 hour news cycle is causing a lot of this as the "news" organizations now spend most of their time creating news and inciting people instead of reporting the news.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
                                Klaudia Tanner
                                by casanova
                                During a speech by the Austrian minister of defence Klaudia Tanner to the soldiers one soldier fell down. The minister helped him to stand up again. The...
                                Yesterday, 23:56
                              • Karri
                                Doom Patrol
                                by Karri
                                Anyone else following?

IMO, it's one of the rare good things to come from this whole superhero genre (which is really mostly the same as...
                                Yesterday, 23:55
                              • Nikki
                                Iranian Nuclear Program Setback
                                by Nikki
                                Iran's nuclear program was at an advanced stage, this had to be done. Israel carried out this mission to buy the world some more time....
                                Yesterday, 23:03
                              Working...
                              X