HBO The Pacific: New Trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stratego View Post
    I'm looking forward to Pacific also, but ELLE has got a point...I'd like to see one from a different view also ! Even the German point of view

Greets,
    Stratego
    I agree its a good idea, but I doubt it would ever happen. Someone mentioned the Fallschirmjagers and I do think that would be a great unit to follow, Eban Emal, Crete, Italy, Normandy, Market Garden.
    Lance W.

Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Someone needs to

Get on the phone to Tom Hanks and HBO for this one. I'm sure there is no chance to get a 10 part series on any "Band of Germans". But I bet it would do fairly well once the buzz got out.

Lots of options and ways to go here for this, a real look at the life and times of the German soldier in WW II. I'm sure they could find lot of info if they just look. Say a Pz Grenadier Company or tank Company living and fighting it out on their half-tracks/tanks, and on foot sometimes as needed. The German armour, vehicles and guns to be in the show would be priceless. Be it the real thing or built, no CGI please though for the vehicles themselves I think.
      The mind set of each German (from the farmboy "SS type", love of country, the military man to just the average German soldier), background and how they got involved in the war besides the fighting scenes, we could get a whole look at the "enemy" perspective, right or wrong.

Cheers, would'nt that be something you would like to see at some point, Russain Band of Comrades should be interesting as well....

Tom

Comment

I wouldn't mind seeing them go outside WWII and delve into Korea. There are many great stories and events to craft a ten episode series.
        If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

German point of view? Check Bridge.

"[...]

While Brittania's Huns with their long-range guns
          Sailed in through the foggy dew.

[...]"

Comment

Back to the original topic, I think we may have to temper our expectations that this series will turn out like the Band of Brothers.

The Pacific war was mainly fought by isolated groups of men and was overlaid by a sense that our foes were fundamentally different from us. In that sense, the war in the Pacific bears a closer relation to the complex war on terrorism the U.S. is waging now, making the new series a trickier prospect but one with potential for more depth and resonance. "Certainly, we wanted to honor U.S. bravery in The Pacific," Hanks says. "But we also wanted to have people say, 'We didn't know our troops did that to Japanese people.' " He wants Americans to understand the glories ó and the iniquities ó of American history.
            Hanks as in Tom Hanks, here talking about the series.
            http://www.time.com/time/printout/0,...969606,00.html

Comment

Originally posted by Ogukuo72 View Post
              Back to the original topic, I think we may have to temper our expectations that this series will turn out like the Band of Brothers.

Hanks as in Tom Hanks, here talking about the series.
              http://www.time.com/time/printout/0,...969606,00.html
              It made it here also
              http://hotair.com/archives/2010/03/0...ere-different/

I makes me mad that he says that. Oh lets forget about them attacking Pearl Harbor, Killing and raping in China, Philliphines, etc. Oh we just attacked them becuase they were different. Give me a break. I hope this is not put in the series.
              Are we there yet?

Comment

Warriors, Inc.

For those who dig the behind-the-scenes action...

Here's a link to the Updates from when I was tracking the training program for the actors that retired Marine Corps Captain Dale Dye runs.

Same program he used for Platoon, Saving Private Ryan, and Band of Brothers (just to name a few titles).
                "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
                  Klaudia Tanner
                  by casanova
                  During a speech by the Austrian minister of defence Klaudia Tanner to the soldiers one soldier fell down. The minister helped him to stand up again. The...
                  Yesterday, 23:56
                • Karri
                  Doom Patrol
                  by Karri
                  Anyone else following?

IMO, it's one of the rare good things to come from this whole superhero genre (which is really mostly the same as...
                  Yesterday, 23:55
                • Nikki
                  Iranian Nuclear Program Setback
                  by Nikki
                  Iran's nuclear program was at an advanced stage, this had to be done. Israel carried out this mission to buy the world some more time....
                  Yesterday, 23:03
                Working...
                X