ACG Film Awards - Create Your Own!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACG Film Awards - Create Your Own!

With Hollywood busily giving out awards for various categories no one even cares about, and giving them out to movie undeserving of recognition, I decided to create my own film awards! Create your own category, then nominate a movie!

Standing Awards - These awards are not handed out yearly, but remain until another actor breaks the record to claim them.

The Kenny McCormick Award for Highest Mortality Rate - This award is currently held my Liam Neeson for his many many movie deaths. Star Wars, Michael Collins, The Mission, Gangs of New York, Excalibur, Batman Begins, Kingdom of Heaven - the poor guy just can't catch a break!

The Double Tap Award for Consecutive Kills - This award is currently held by Bulgarian actor Hristo Shopov. After ordering the death of Jim Cavezial AKA Jesus in The Passion of the Christ, Shopov hauls off and kills him a second time for good measure in the Cold War drama I Am David.

The There Can Be Only One Award for Best of Two Clones - Every now and then Hollywoord will release two movies on the exact same subject at the exact same time. Usually only one does well. This award has some history: 1492 beat Columbus, Tombstone beat Wyatt Earp, Dante's Peak beat Volcano, Twister beat the 600+ made for TV clones, Armageddon beat Deep Impact, Executive Decision beat Turbulence, and the new champion - Avatar beats out District 9 in the humans collaberating with - and becoming - aliens against evil humans duo.

The Coattail Epic Fail Award for Poorest Attempt to Cash In on a Successful Film Concept - Similar to the previous award, only awarded to movies attempting to ride the coattails of previously successful movies rather than running a buzzerbeater attempt to match them at the same time. The current champion is Mac and Me for it's awful attempt to cash in on the ET concept. Like ET it also utilized product placement and might as well have been a 90 minute commercial for McDonalds.

The MXC Painful Elimination Award - The current champion is Rambo 4 for it's climactic scene where Stallone turns the .50 on the driver and hammers him at point blank range. Previous holder was Conan the Barbarian for the scene where Ahhnuld takes several whacks with a sword before managing to sever James Earl Jones' head. CROM!

I'll add some more plus a 2009 award set tomorrow.
    Last edited by Pirateship1982; 11 Jan 10, 18:11.
    A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

And Some More Awards

Coolest Sci Fi Urban Visuals - Half of the reason I like the cyberpunk genre is just for the cool futuristic city scapes. This one has multiple trophies. The Gold Award goes to Blade Runner, which despite being made in the '80s had some pants-kicking visuals. The Silver Award goes to Babylon AD for it's ubertech New York. Plus points for the funny scene showing airliners with advertising livery, maybe they should try it in real life. The Bronze Award goes to Akira. Although it's scenes were very impressive it gets the bronze since it is animation and with animation it's easy to get your imagination on the screen. Blade Runner needed models and goodness knows what else.

The Must Save the Brain Award for Most Instructive Zombie Survival Film - Yeah, I know, this one is a giveaway to Zombieland but I make it in hopes there will be future contenders!

The Ghetto Blaster Award for Most Impressive Scenes of Mass Destruction - Formerly held by Independance Day this title is now given to 2012. However stupid the rest of the movie was, they knew how to blow stuff up with pizzaz.
    A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Way More Entertaining Than The Real Oscars!

Tyler,

Outstanding categories. The bad, putrid and lame should be recognized when a 'Golden Raspberry' just won't do.

I would think that in the following category;
      The Coattail Epic Fail Award for Poorest Attempt to Cash In on a Successful Film Concept
      the all time winner would have to be Godfather III!

Cheers,
      Dan.
      So long as men worship the Caesars and Napoleons, Caesars and Napoleons will duly rise and make them miserable.

Aldous Huxley: Ends and Means (1937)

Comment

Very creative

Would Saving Private Ryan and Thin Red Line qualify under the "The There Can Be Only One Award for Best of Two Clones" category?

Comment

Originally posted by The Ibis View Post
          Very creative

Would Saving Private Ryan and Thin Red Line qualify under the "The There Can Be Only One Award for Best of Two Clones" category?
          Yes! I knew I was missing one contender. Thanks for reminding me.

Comment

I've just watched Dungeonsiege. A LOTR clone for those with 1 braincell. Fortunately I have had a couple of cans so it was watcheable. My missus was not very impressed however. Don't watch it as a date movie.
            How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
            Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

How about Cramming a Politacal Issue Down Your Throat Award?

My candidate in a very crowded genre would be 'The Day After Tomorrow"
              Beware the man of one book.
              --Thomas Aquinas

http://www.clementsmb.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X