" just seen avatar in 3d.."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• " just seen avatar in 3d.."

Wow, what an experience, it did go on for a while, was formulaic in some parts, in fact, it reminded me of " Dances with wolves" a lot at times, but i think it was a solid movie that went some way to living up to its hype, and you MUST see this movie in 3D, it was made especially for it, and it adds, raher than detracts, from the experience of watching it....

Me too, I was given dinner and a film out for me and the wife and son by a friend as a Christmas gift.

Holy crap is the movie ever awesome. Forget what else was released this year, THIS was the greatest film of 2009.

My eyes are a bother in that I have no depth perception, so I think I might have missed a bit of the 3d effect, but even so I saw plenty.

The film has that Lord of the Rings level of stunning visuals to offer. The 3 hours is not 'long' feeling because you get so utterly drawn into the movie.

My friends and I all agree this film is a safe purchase on blueray. We kept our 3d glasses hoping that we might be able to buy a 3d version later.

I was sooooooo wrong on my thoughts on this movie just yesterday before going to see it.
    Life is change. Built models for decades.
    Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
    I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Originally posted by galland View Post
      Wow, what an experience, it did go on for a while, was formulaic in some parts, in fact, it reminded me of " Dances with wolves" a lot at times, but i think it was a solid movie that went some way to living up to its hype, and you MUST see this movie in 3D, it was made especially for it, and it adds, raher than detracts, from the experience of watching it....
      I was thinking Last Samurai but that's pretty much the same thing. Seems to be a trend plotline.

Definitely awesome in 3D though!
      A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

your not wrong , the bar for watching movies has just been raised, dont know if i could ever go back to watching normal movies again after that....

Comment

Originally posted by les Brains View Post
          Me too, I was given dinner and a film out for me and the wife and son by a friend as a Christmas gift.

Holy crap is the movie ever awesome. Forget what else was released this year, THIS was the greatest film of 2009.

My eyes are a bother in that I have no depth perception, so I think I might have missed a bit of the 3d effect, but even so I saw plenty.

The film has that Lord of the Rings level of stunning visuals to offer. The 3 hours is not 'long' feeling because you get so utterly drawn into the movie.

My friends and I all agree this film is a safe purchase on blueray. We kept our 3d glasses hoping that we might be able to buy a 3d version later.

I was sooooooo wrong on my thoughts on this movie just yesterday before going to see it.
          ..i was wondering the same thing, can it be transferred over to DVD so you can watch it in 3-D in your own home????...im not sure if they can yet...?

Comment

OK, I surrender! I'll watch this @#$% film!

Comment

Easily the best film of the year...though it was a bad year for film, IMHO.

The plotline seems a little formulaic becuase it is a familiar story. Although with the fantastical elements added creatively to the Avatar telling of the "going native" plot line, I would say this is original enough to be worth your viewing.

All in all, great film. I'm glad I saw it...in IMAX 3D!!! Only a couple tiny things I would change. I loved the Marine commander. Absolutely perfect. He'd be a perfect sarge on Doom. I loved all the bits taken straight out of James Cameron's Aliens.

Comment

He'd be a perfect sarge on Doom.
                ..ha ha, now that is a classic statement, nice one...!

I loved all the bits taken straight out of James Cameron's Aliens.
                ..im a bit of a nerd like that, i love finding little ode's to someones previous work in a genre....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X