Outlaw - Sean Bean, Butt Kicking, and Motion Sickness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlaw - Sean Bean, Butt Kicking, and Motion Sickness

The latest film I've viewed in the British film department is the action movie: Outlaw. It's an interesting film, but I have just one thing to say to the filmmakers:

IT'S CALLED A TRIPOD! BUY ONE, THEY AREN'T EXPENSIVE!

I've said it before, but I hate all the unneccessary camera shaking. At least Bourne only did it during the action scenes, this movie wouldn't stop with the moving camera. After awhile I had to shout "Okay, will somebody give the cameraman some ritalin!?" The motion was made worse by my new home theater system which included a bigger TV (And I would like to add that the Little Bohemia firefight scene from Public Enemies is FREAKING AWESOME when you route your sound through stereo equipment. Just ask the neighbors!).

But motion sickness aside, it's hard to go wrong with Sean Bean. I had to laugh when the C-130 rolls up, the door opens, and Sean Bean walks out. No cargo, no other people, just Sean Bean. Because Sean Bean is so awesome he gets his own C-130. One of my friends who is quite a fan of Sean Bean action movies put it better "The C-130 is full, Sean Bean is just a one man army." That sounds like something you'd hear on the Chuck Norris websites.

It was an entertaining movie. A little strange at points but entertaining. I just wish they had a British with American Subtitles option. Anytime the Brits make a movie that was never planned to include an American audience they really cut loose with the slang.
    A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Originally posted by pirateship1982 View Post
    The latest film I've viewed in the British film department is the action movie: Outlaw. It's an interesting film, but I have just one thing to say to the filmmakers:

IT'S CALLED A TRIPOD! BUY ONE, THEY AREN'T EXPENSIVE!

I've said it before, but I hate all the unneccessary camera shaking. At least Bourne only did it during the action scenes, this movie wouldn't stop with the moving camera. After awhile I had to shout "Okay, will somebody give the cameraman some ritalin!?" The motion was made worse by my new home theater system which included a bigger TV (And I would like to add that the Little Bohemia firefight scene from Public Enemies is FREAKING AWESOME when you route your sound through stereo equipment. Just ask the neighbors!).

But motion sickness aside, it's hard to go wrong with Sean Bean. I had to laugh when the C-130 rolls up, the door opens, and Sean Bean walks out. No cargo, no other people, just Sean Bean. Because Sean Bean is so awesome he gets his own C-130. One of my friends who is quite a fan of Sean Bean action movies put it better "The C-130 is full, Sean Bean is just a one man army." That sounds like something you'd hear on the Chuck Norris websites.

It was an entertaining movie. A little strange at points but entertaining. I just wish they had a British with American Subtitles option. Anytime the Brits make a movie that was never planned to include an American audience they really cut loose with the slang.
    I enjoyed Outlaw thoroughly, although it needs to be be seen after a beer, but not too many beers. A thursday night is good imo.
    How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
    Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

I love Sean Bean....good actor so I will have to check this movie out
      "Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few."- Sir Winston Churchill, about R.A.F. fighter pilots."
      "It is well that war is so terrible, else we grow to fond of it." - Robert E. Lee

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
      X