Dogfights Series Returns To History Television

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dogfights Series Returns To History Television

For those who may have missed the previous airing of the outstanding Dogfights series it is returning to History Television Sunday December 13th @ 8pm.

Upcoming episodes feature Dogfights from WW2, Korea, Vietnam and the Gulf War.

Episode 1; World War I saw the birth of a new type of combat: the dogfight. Aces from almost every nation take canvas and wire bi-planes into battle and pioneer new tactics. German ace Ernst Udet goes 1 v. 1 with Georges Guynemer. Werner Voss takes on an entire squadron of British aces...and American ace Arthur Raymond Brooks finds himself in the dogfight of his life. State-of-the-art computer graphics, first-hand accounts from veterans, rare archival footage and original shooting will help to make the viewer feel like they're in the battle, facing the enemy.

http://www.history.ca/ontv/titledeta...titleid=108664
    New Book Release:

"Amazing Airmen": "Canadian Flyers In The Second World War"

www.amazingairmen.com

Dumped that series on discs, and it was a good use of storage media too.
    Life is change. Built models for decades.
    Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
    I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

yep, great series, really brings these stories to life for a mass audience to enjoy and understand...

Comment

Hey thanks, my watching of the History Channel has dropped off lately... si I didn't know.

Any word on Battle 360?
        In Vino Veritas

Comment

That is good news - it is a good series with some good graphics and interviews with veterans. Only one gripe - I wonder if the new episodes will feature any RAF/Commonwealth veterans? With one exception (about the IAF) I dont think I have seen a 'Dogfights' episode that didnt concentrate on the experiences of American pilots (and their many victims of course!)
          HONNEUR ET FIDÉLITÉ

"Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won." - Duke of Wellington at Waterloo.

Comment

A pretty good series, but I agree that it needs to widen it's scope to include successful engagements by pilots from other nations.
            Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

They have stoped making Dogfights, but they were going to make a third season. They stoped because there ratings went down on the show. Really sad, but they have Shootout and Battle 360 which is a good show.
              In this world nothing is certain but death and taxes
              - Benjamin Franklin, U.S. statesman, author, and scientist

Comment

Originally posted by Booy View Post
                They have stoped making Dogfights, but they were going to make a third season. They stoped because there ratings went down on the show. Really sad, but they have Shootout and Battle 360 which is a good show.
                That is very disappointing to hear.

Was it that their reruns went down? If so is that not to be expected? Any links to their ratings thanks?

Anyone care to reason why their ratings went down i thought the series was superb?
                Last edited by RAF21; 22 Feb 10, 08:37.
                New Book Release:

"Amazing Airmen": "Canadian Flyers In The Second World War"

www.amazingairmen.com

Comment

If true,it is a big disappointment.Dogfights is one of my favorite documentaries ever.As many others here,I was really hoping for more episodes featuring pilots from around the world.
                  ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Originally posted by RAF21 View Post
                    That is very disappointing to hear.

Was it that their reruns went down? If so is that not to be expected? Any links to their ratings thanks?

Anyone care to reason why their ratings went down i thought the series was superb?
                    I don't know the main reason why they stoped except that there ratings went down if I am wrong please corect me. Here is the link that I found it on. http://boards.history.com/topic/Dogf...033560&start=0
                    It also looks like they have a Patton 360 which looks interresting, World War II 360, and Battle 360

Comment

Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post
                      If true,it is a big disappointment.Dogfights is one of my favorite documentaries ever.As many others here,I was really hoping for more episodes featuring pilots from around the world.
                      Yeah I was hoping about something from Britan and Russia.

Comment

A great series none the less though. I like Battle and Patton 360 better though.
                        "With great authority comes great responsibility."

Comment

Pity, I really enjoyed dogfights. As for Patton 360, if it's playing again it's a rerun. Was aired last summer I think
                          "You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

CO for 1st S.INC Shock Security Troop

Comment

It was, but sadly I missed most of it. Though the idea Gixxer86g has is a pretty cool one. Get more flyers from around the world to tell their stories.
                            "With great authority comes great responsibility."

Comment

I have never seen Patton 360 is it good?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X