"Life" the cop show on NBC...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Life" the cop show on NBC...

My family has all gotten hooked on this show. It's a very quirky (a PERFECT description here), amusing cop show. It made it two seasons and then got axed. It averaged 6.2 million an episode; obviously not good enough. We're all way bummed.

It's about a cop who gets framed for murdering his business partner's family and gets sentenced to life in prison. After twelve years he is freed and gets a $50 million buck wrongful imprisonment settlement. Plus being made a LAPD homicide detective. The main character, Charlie Crews, is played by a Brit!?; Damian Lewis. The only other thing of note he did was "Band of Brothers".

It's a great cop show. If you like that sort of thing we all say: "Check It Out!!"
    Save America!! Impeach Obama!!

I saw every episode and really miss this show.

I believe it was a little too smart for the average viewer. And the continuing plot lines were maybe a little too nuanced and complicated for many.

But it was great while it lasted.

Wonderful ending. Won't discuss it here in case anybody does decide to view the work.

http://www.hulu.com/search?query=life&st=0

You can watch it here.
    History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
    _________
    BoRG

Comment

Great Show!

I loved watching 'Life' and was very disappointed to learn that it would not be returning for a third season.

As Torien says, it was all about the nuances.

The two detective characters were great together, and it was their relationship that drove the show. Maybe if they had renamed it 'Life: CSI' it would still be on the schedule.

Cheers,
      Dan.
      So long as men worship the Caesars and Napoleons, Caesars and Napoleons will duly rise and make them miserable.

Aldous Huxley: Ends and Means (1937)

Comment

One of the best cop shows in a while. It helped me recover after The Shield ended.

Life at the end felt a little rushed,probably a result of the producers seeing the cancellation coming.
        If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

Damian Lewis is a great actor, I've been a big fan of his work since Band of Brothers. I'll miss that show, Adam Arkin was great too, but when they added Donel Logue to the cast it really improved the show. It was too good for NBC.
          Lance W.

Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Good for school too...

Strangely enough, the show helped my 7th grade daughter ace her geography test yesterday! For some reason, after studying coastlines for half the term; their new topic is crime. Doesn't seem like geography to me, but hey; it's a Brit school. Anyway...

One half of her test was to write a narrative about a crime chosen from a few possibilities. The usual: good guys, bad guys, the crime, motive, investigation, arrest, etc. Hmm sort of sounds like your typical TV cop show. She chose a convenience store robbery. And having just watched the episode of "Life" about a convenience store robbery; she had no trouble writing a good, focused, detailed essay.

"Life" imitating art; you've got to love it!

And please, please; don't tell how the season ends. We don't know and have five or six more episodes to watch. It's painful. We want to see the new ones; but we know that each one we see brings us closer to The End. I can't believe those idiots cancelled "Life" yet put Leno (yeah that's a cool, current hip guy. NOT!) on five nights a week in prime time. NBC must be completely desperate as well as brain dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Torien View Post
              I saw every episode and really miss this show.

I believe it was a little too smart for the average viewer. And the continuing plot lines were maybe a little too nuanced and complicated for many.

But it was great while it lasted.
              Absolutely agree. The problem is that most of North America is too stupid to enjoy such a show. It seems that all the shows with continuing plotlines, multi-dimensional characters and plot nuances got axed in favour of more reality shows.

Comment

Just saw the last two episodes...

How sad. I was trying to put it off, but my wife refused. Hmm, now that I mention it; that seems to be a fairly common thing with us Anyway.

I have to say I was kind of disappointed. I agree it seemed kind of rushed; they certainly had no choice. It was just too much to wrap up so quickly.

Well, it was certainly enjoyable. And according to our family "Life" expert, our 10yr old son ; my wife and I have missed a few of the early episodes. He also has most of the dialog memorized; why can't he do that with his school work? He does take credit for finding the show. He saw an episode on AXN and bugged us to buy the DVDs when we made a run to the local "fake market". He then got us to all watch a couple of episodes. The rest is history...

Overall though it was a great show. You're right though. I agree it required too much use of the grey matter for those TV drones who exist on American Idol and the latest idiotic reality show. My daughter has already suggested a "Life Marathon Weekend" to re-watch all the episodes. Sounds like a plan...

Comment

Originally posted by Sino Invasion View Post
                  How sad. I was trying to put it off, but my wife refused. Hmm, now that I mention it; that seems to be a fairly common thing with us Anyway.

I have to say I was kind of disappointed. I agree it seemed kind of rushed; they certainly had no choice. It was just too much to wrap up so quickly.

Well, it was certainly enjoyable. And according to our family "Life" expert, our 10yr old son ; my wife and I have missed a few of the early episodes. He also has most of the dialog memorized; why can't he do that with his school work? He does take credit for finding the show. He saw an episode on AXN and bugged us to buy the DVDs when we made a run to the local "fake market". He then got us to all watch a couple of episodes. The rest is history...

Overall though it was a great show. You're right though. I agree it required too much use of the grey matter for those TV drones who exist on American Idol and the latest idiotic reality show. My daughter has already suggested a "Life Marathon Weekend" to re-watch all the episodes. Sounds like a plan...
                  Glad you enjoyed it. Your thread has caused me to start watching the series through again on Hulu. Now I miss it even more. Thanks.
                  History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
                  _________
                  BoRG

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X