Any fans of "The Prisoner"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any fans of "The Prisoner"?

AMC has made a remake of "The Prisoner" which will be airing next month. There isn't much I get excited about with current tv, but I think I'll probably catch this remake. I really liked the original show. I thought it was brilliant, but you really have to like bizarre shows that you have to do your own thinking to really like it. I think viewers went bezerk after the last episode and were really upset with the show, but I liked the last episode. I don't want to give it away, but we'll see if the remake is anything like the original.

http://www.amctv.com/originals/the-prisoner/

I hope the theme song is as cool as the original. This is a cool theme song.

Comment

When the Sci-fi channel first started up they aired this series a lot and I enjoyed it. It will be interesting to see what they do with the remake.
      If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Rock View Post
        I hope the theme song is as cool as the original. This is a cool theme song.

[...]
        Coolest intro in TV history!

I just don't get a good feeling about the remake from the previews.

Was Number 6's real character name John Drake? Was The Prisoner actually a sequel to Danger Man/Secret Agent Man?
        Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Superb show .

In the wake of Lost and Flash Forward expect the continued theme of 'what is really going on' .
          How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
          Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

I could never get the Prisoner, being chased by a rubber ball, what's that all about?
            "The spirit is willing, but the flesh is spongy and bruised"
            Zap Brannigan. Futurama

Comment

You are Number 6.

Is that all you want to know?

In brief, I'd say The Prisoner is about a man whose reason and sense of morality bring him into conflict with his society, and with the conformity it expects from him. He finds that he cannot escape the situation, nor can he appeal to logic. He can only rise above this trap to the extent that he takes full responsibility for himself and his power over circumstances.

Comment

The Prisoner was 2 numbers ? Really .
                How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
                Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas Foster View Post
                  Is that all you want to know?

In brief, I'd say The Prisoner is about a man whose reason and sense of morality bring him into conflict with his society, and with the conformity it expects from him. He finds that he cannot escape the situation, nor can he appeal to logic. He can only rise above this trap to the extent that he takes full responsibility for himself and his power over circumstances.

He should have burst it, and then rose above
                  "The spirit is willing, but the flesh is spongy and bruised"
                  Zap Brannigan. Futurama

Comment

I loved the Prisioner when it first came out but my parents could not make any sense of it. I hope the remake is good.
                    War is less costly than servitude

Comment

I have been watching all of the episodes from the old series - outstanding stuff.
                      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

My dream! A original Lotus 7, a Georgian townhouse in London and a healthy bank account.

And as for the series; a great classic.

Paul
                        ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
                        All human ills he can subdue,
                        Or with a bauble or medal
                        Can win mans heart for you;
                        And many a blessing know to stew
                        To make a megloamaniac bright;
                        Give honour to the dainty Corse,
                        The Pixie is a little shite.

Comment

Some things should be left alone... The Prisoner is one of these.
                          In Vino Veritas

Comment

Originally posted by dongar1 View Post
                            Some things should be left alone... The Prisoner is one of these.
                            Is it going to be "AmericaniZed"? Mind you, as has been already said; It should be left well alone.

Paul
                            ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
                            All human ills he can subdue,
                            Or with a bauble or medal
                            Can win mans heart for you;
                            And many a blessing know to stew
                            To make a megloamaniac bright;
                            Give honour to the dainty Corse,
                            The Pixie is a little shite.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse