No announcement yet.

Paranormal Activity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This was the greatest magnitude of f**king drivel I have ever wasted my unlimited bandwidth on ever.

If you extended the scale from say 1 to 5 (1 being worst) to between 1 and 1000, then calling it a 1 would still not be adequate.

12k to make this movie? That was still too much money wasted all the same.

The movie sucked greater than a Black hole.

If you liked this movie in any capacity, your opinion on anything else is henceforth voided as being from a judgmentally challenged idiot.

There is precisely ONE scene worth going oh wow over as being wtf oriented, and it wasn't scary, merely not something I'd not want to have happen to me.

The film ends in an utterly valueless fashion and people, it ends telling you nothing beyond the fact you just wasted the time spent watching, thank you for your ticket.
    Yet again, even though I downloaded it and lost no cash, I still feel like I was ripped off all the same.

Granted, I think the person that they used for the 'screams' was very convincing, or at least they at least sounded terrified. But then, you never once saw them screaming, never once saw what was causing them to scream. And I will ruin the end right now, so hold onto your seat people.

The boyfriend just disappears. Walks off screen upon waking from her screaming elsewhere in the house to go find his girlfriend who is screaming convincingly off screen. That's it, you never see him in the film again. No explanations of whether he's dead or not.

She comes back on screen with a knife in her hand and what looks like a blood stain on her stomache and sits down beside the bed and rocks for what seems like 2 days. It's not established if she was even ever awake.
    During that time someone arrives, does a lot of screaming all done off screen and then nothing. Meanwhile the camera stays on the girlfriend still rocking beside her bed undiscovered.
    She's confronted by police eventually, and upon her approaching them with a knife, she gets shot.

I can't think of a single film more disappointing.

Don't waste your time, on this, just accept my report and move on to something better. Or is your time really worth that little?
    Life is change. Built models for decades.
    Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
    I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Originally posted by galland View Post
      ..im due to see this bloody thing next week, i just want to go so i can see everyone **** themseles when the guy gets thrown towards the camera at the end..!!!!
      Never occurred in the version I just watched, and frankly, it doesn't alter my review in my first post.

Comment

Originally posted by Golani View Post
        I'm the exact opposite of you...

Suggestive horror can scare me (Blair witch did a great job on me, granted I was only what? 12?).

But slasher/serial killer movies are at best funny to me.

For example, I saw the entire series of SAW, me and my friends couldn't stop laughing...
        Yeah, gore movies are good for laughs... I get really weird looks in theaters, but some of the situations are down right stupid.
        I am a simple man. I am by no means smarter than the average man. I am average...yet genius.

Comment

Originally posted by les Brains View Post
          This was the greatest magnitude of f**king drivel I have ever wasted my unlimited bandwidth on ever.

If you extended the scale from say 1 to 5 (1 being worst) to between 1 and 1000, then calling it a 1 would still not be adequate.

12k to make this movie? That was still too much money wasted all the same.
          Yeah, tell that too the producers who are making millions off it.
          I am a simple man. I am by no means smarter than the average man. I am average...yet genius.

Comment

Originally posted by comm. waffle View Post
            Yeah, tell that too the producers who are making millions off it.
            Didn't make any off of me thank god, I'd be feeling even worse than I already do.

Comment

Originally posted by les Brains View Post
              Never occurred in the version I just watched, and frankly, it doesn't alter my review in my first post.
              The version you saw (I'm assuming is the same version I saw) is the version that was initially released at some independent films festival a few years ago. Then Steven Spielberg saw it, and suggested a few edits, which slightly altered the film, but didn't really change it (even the ending) so much that it would make *that* much of a difference. From what I've heard of the changes, Spielberg's version is actually probably worse.

Comment

well, i just got back from watching it...as a comedy, not bad, as a orror film, ....extremely OVER-RATED, ....give me the SAW movies anyday...

Comment

Originally posted by galland View Post
                  well, i just got back from watching it...as a comedy, not bad, as a orror film, ....extremely OVER-RATED, ....give me the SAW movies anyday...
                  Blech, nah. The Saw movies are formulaic gore fests. I'd rather be spooked than grossed out. Not that Paranormal Activity does that, just saying, if I was to take something instead of Paranormal Activity, Saw wouldn't be it.

Comment

This movie's made over $100 million! That's great for an 11k film that Speilberg added an additional 4k to to change the ending to make it more satisfying for the audience. I haven't seen it yet, but my daughter thought it was terrific. It hits her demographic just right- she's 16.
                    Love. Where does it come from?
                    from The Thin Red Line

Comment

I really didn't care for it much, but hey they got my money.
                      In Vino Veritas

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X