Paranormal Activity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paranormal Activity

Low budget film that seem to be enjoying a great word of mouth lately, anyone seen it?

I skipped it precisely because it was "low budget".
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

I have reviewed this movie on my blog.

Comment

I think it is more than low budget...it is "micro-budget". Cost something like $12k to make it.
        Publisher
        Armchair General Magazine
        Weider History Group

Comment

Originally posted by Boonierat View Post
          Low budget film that seem to be enjoying a great word of mouth lately, anyone seen it?
          Word of mouth, my ass!! That movie was getting plugged in television commercials every 15 minutes for a couple of weeks!

Comment

I didn't think it was that scary. Freaky, but not scary. I kept asking myself in the movie "How did they do that?". Of course, being the teenager I am, I made sure I ruined it fro everyone else too. One scene has a blanket get slowly pulled off the girl. I screamed "HOLY SH*T, IT'S A F***ING BLANKET GHOST!!!". Always good for a laugh
            I am a simple man. I am by no means smarter than the average man. I am average...yet genius.

Comment

Can you guys tell me about the camera work?

I nearly got sick watching Cloverfield as a result of all the unnecessary (IMO) shaking of the camera. Is Paranormal much along the same lines? If so, I'll give it a pass.
              ScenShare Guidelines:

1) Enjoy creating it
              2) Enjoy playing it
              3) Enjoy sharing it
              4) Enjoy helping others create them

The PlayersDB - The Harpoon Community's #1 Choice.

FAQ http://www.harplonkhq.com/Harpoon/Fr...dQuestions.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Herman Hum View Post
                Can you guys tell me about the camera work?

I nearly got sick watching Cloverfield as a result of all the unnecessary (IMO) shaking of the camera. Is Paranormal much along the same lines? If so, I'll give it a pass.
                The camerwork is much better than the Cloverfield movie. It is only a few times shaky, and not for very long. But the "presentation" is still home camera.

Comment

They keep likening it to the 'Blair Witch' and that is what has prevented me from seeing it. 'Blair Witch' was stupid and not scary at all. I kept rooting for someone or something to kill the "lost" filmcrew, who annoyed me to no end...but hey, it was set in Burkittsville, Md., which isn't far from where I live. Nice town. Lots of Civil War history in the area.

Comment

Originally posted by Pyle's Heroes View Post
                    They keep likening it to the 'Blair Witch' and that is what has prevented me from seeing it. 'Blair Witch' was stupid and not scary at all. I kept rooting for someone or something to kill the "lost" filmcrew, who annoyed me to no end...but hey, it was set in Burkittsville, Md., which isn't far from where I live. Nice town. Lots of Civil War history in the area.
                    It is very similar. The same type of "horror".... its supposed to be very suggestive. Sort of the Jaws factor. But you don't really ever see anything.

Comment

The scary thing is just the idea that something bad can happen where most people go to relax...a bedroom. Jaws was the ocean, Witch was the woods.

...none of which scared me. It's actually a shame. I was hoping fpor a movie to actually scare me and contain buckets of blood.
                      I am a simple man. I am by no means smarter than the average man. I am average...yet genius.

Comment

Well, bad things can happen anywhere at anytime. I get what you're saying though. It's more about the mood and tone and the heightened possibility that something evil and terrifying is going to happen...at...any......moment..

Comment

Originally posted by comm. waffle View Post
                          The scary thing is just the idea that something bad can happen where most people go to relax...a bedroom. Jaws was the ocean, Witch was the woods.

...none of which scared me. It's actually a shame. I was hoping fpor a movie to actually scare me and contain buckets of blood.
                          I'm the exact opposite of you...

Suggestive horror can scare me (Blair witch did a great job on me, granted I was only what? 12?).

But slasher/serial killer movies are at best funny to me.

For example, I saw the entire series of SAW, me and my friends couldn't stop laughing...

Comment

..hee hee , SAW is the best comedy i have seen in eons...!

Comment

..im due to see this bloody thing next week, i just want to go so i can see everyone **** themseles when the guy gets thrown towards the camera at the end..!!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
                                Klaudia Tanner
                                by casanova
                                During a speech by the Austrian minister of defence Klaudia Tanner to the soldiers one soldier fell down. The minister helped him to stand up again. The...
                                Yesterday, 23:56
                              • Karri
                                Doom Patrol
                                by Karri
                                Anyone else following?

IMO, it's one of the rare good things to come from this whole superhero genre (which is really mostly the same as...
                                Yesterday, 23:55
                              • Nikki
                                Iranian Nuclear Program Setback
                                by Nikki
                                Iran's nuclear program was at an advanced stage, this had to be done. Israel carried out this mission to buy the world some more time....
                                Yesterday, 23:03
                              Working...
                              X