"I, Robot" movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bariman
    I think I read somewhere (Heinlein's Expanded Universe, I think) that Asimov (or other sci-fi writers of his day) worked on the Manhattan Project. Anyone know anything about this?
    RAH was not one prone to BSing. He, Asimov, and Arthur C. Clarke were in their prime during WWII.

Comment

Originally posted by RetPara
      RAH was not one prone to BSing. He, Asimov, and Arthur C. Clarke were in their prime during WWII.

The interesting thing about them is that they didn't have literary backgrounds--all of them had degrees in various scientific fields. They just happened to like writing, so they wrote in fields they had great knowledge of.

As for the movie, it seems to me so far that someone snagged the movie rights for I, Robot just so they could put this title on the movie. They could have just used a title from the Book of Generic Movie Titles (TM). I mean, the three rules have been used by so many other writers in their robot stories, I would think you wouldn't need to credit him anymore. They have sort of come under public domain.
      "You realize that if I could actually purchase a weapon, I would stab you with it now?" --Roy, Order of the Stick #136

Governor of South Florida, Cuba, Louisiana, Manhattan, Hawaii, Illinois, Moon and Mars. Chief of Cybernetics Div., S.INC

Comment

not a very new plot. been thought of by MANY movies. Terminator and Matrix to name a few.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X