Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Hey Hey, It's Saturday'

For Australian members only.

Nearly wet my pants last night after 3 hours of Darryl Summers insanity.

After 15 years he is still funny and I hope the 2 shows convince Ch 9 to restart the show permanently.

What did you think?

John.
    The PLO claims ALL of Israel!!! There will and can NEVER be a "2 State solution".

...i think, ...daryl has got himself a new nose..!

Comment

...and a 'new' TV show.

John.
      The PLO claims ALL of Israel!!! There will and can NEVER be a "2 State solution".

Comment

..i was away that night , wht was the show like..??..any good, worth coming back for good..??

Comment

galland,

Being an old codger I often yearn for the 'olden days'.

;-)

It was very much in the original style with all the old original faces to the fore, and the entire show was exactly the same as the last one 15 years ago. The ratings people said 3 million out of 22 million watched it, and that is an indication of the interest. It was all very 'slick'!

I am sure Darryl is smart enough to make any changes needed, but the basic idea should stay the same.

John.

Comment

That was the problem when it was on.... it was losing ratings and becoming tired, I use to watch it all the time but it became harder and harder to watch the same format every week.

I suspect this new show was a hit due to some nostalgia and the live format, to entertain the audience and improvising live is no mean feat, Darryl Summers is a master of it. We have been deprived of live shows.
            "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
            Ernest Hemingway.

In english "silence" means yelling louder than everyone else.

Comment

Watched it last night with my wife, she had a great time laughing along with them, as did I. They really do have a great time just rolling on with no regard to what time they wind up the show, which is great for us, spontaneous actions, and all in all entertaining for everyone.
              I'd like to watch them again for sure, probably next month or maybe early next year.... shows like this are worth waiting for I feel, not expected as it was originally, before it got canned.

As expected, the segment 'Redfaces' has generated the headlines in the papers for the skit with the guys having their faces painted black. All I can say is that it's was good to see Harry Connick Jnr given a chance to voice his concern, and Darrly's apology was articulate, to the point and quick in accepting responsibility, not leaving it for the producers to explain in a media release.

Did it tarnish the show, not at all I feel.... live TV can generate such reactions due to the absence of editing. In live TV people should stand up and be accountable if things don't all fall into place, Darryl did this wonderfully. All in all this show was a blast to watch, more great memories to cherish.
              "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
              Ernest Hemingway.

In english "silence" means yelling louder than everyone else.

Comment

BRING IT BACK!!!!!!

John.

Comment

Well, I think the guy's a cretin. And I always have thought that. Never watched it except entirely by accident.

Comment

I know this thread is only for Aussie's only.......but I live in Austrlaia,so I can add my thoughts too.

I never seen the orginal version 10-15 years ago,but I think it was a real hoot,I love the program.
                    In my opinion,they should give the show a contract for 5 years.
                    What did you guys think about the Micheal Jackson epic?
                    Harry conic JR...He made a big fuss over nothing,while him himself preech as a black prist in the early 1990's......what a hipocrit!
                    Besides,the men who did the act was actually all indians from india ancesstory,now how can that be racist?
                    Any who....Long live "Hey Hey,It's saturday...bring it on

Comment

How do you watch a 2 or 3 hour show by accident?

And 2 or 3 million viewers for 2 shows says something.

John.

Comment

I am one of those who never ever watched it when it was on TV many years ago, and made sure I did not watch it this time, , but you just go ahead, and enjoy. I think I was to old for the stuff they included last time, and that makes me much much to old, for sure, this time.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X