Flash Forward

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flash Forward

Has anyone else watched the premier of this new show? I'm curious how you feel about it.

I thought it was provocative, well-made and showed some genuine imagination for a change.
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Yeah it was OK. I bet it gets canceled though.
    "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

Why is that? Too intelligent for the average audience? The way I see it, it can;t be any worse than Lost.

Comment

Just a gut feeling.
        "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

I think it is based on a book by Robert Sawyer called Flashforward.

Yes it is too intelligent for the mass North American market. It will be cancelled as have all the other "thinking" programs with a plot continuation from one episode to another.

Comment

I thought the show was pretty good. I'm looking forward to the next episode.
            ABC seems to be becoming SCI-FI oriented with some pretty good shows such as Defying Gravity,Flashforward and the upcoming V miniseries remake which actually looks good.
            If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

Agreed, even though Defying Gravity is pretty shaky in a lot of places and V is a re-make. Still better than reality shows and sitcoms.

Comment

I liked it alot, and really hope they can keep the momentum up.
                I'd hate to see it turn into a "Lost" show, that show was good the first
                year and then just dragged on, i got bored with it.
                Life is what happens to you when your busy making other plans! Lennon - www.lufttiger.com

Comment

Well T H A N K Y O U Mountain man

Got curious and downloaded the show. That is one seriously intriguing pilot show, and the last few minutes sure get the hook set in hehe.

I began watching the show with zero preconceived notions as I had not heard anything about it prior to watching it. First few minutes and I though 'oh yeah some sort of drama where they film an event then back up a bit'. Then you get 10 minutes in and it's clear it is not what you were expecting at all.

By the half way point the show is seriously what the heck is happening.

I might really enjoy this one.
                  Life is change. Built models for decades.
                  Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
                  I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Originally posted by lufttiger View Post
                    I liked it alot, and really hope they can keep the momentum up.
                    I'd hate to see it turn into a "Lost" show, that show was good the first
                    year and then just dragged on, i got bored with it.
                    My fear as well.

Comment

Originally posted by les Brains View Post
                      Well T H A N K Y O U Mountain man

Got curious and downloaded the show. That is one seriously intriguing pilot show, and the last few minutes sure get the hook set in hehe.

I began watching the show with zero preconceived notions as I had not heard anything about it prior to watching it. First few minutes and I though 'oh yeah some sort of drama where they film an event then back up a bit'. Then you get 10 minutes in and it's clear it is not what you were expecting at all.

By the half way point the show is seriously what the heck is happening.

I might really enjoy this one.
                      It is intriguing, isn't it? Especially the part that raises possibilities about alternate futures. It seems to be a refreshing change form most of the TV fare.

Comment

Saw it and thought it was very good. It's new and inventive, and not another ******* reality show.
                        "The people never have the power, only the illusion of it. And here is the real secret: they don't want it. The responsibility is too great to bear. It's why they are so quick to fall in line as soon as someone else takes charge."
                        "

Comment

Slug and I have enjoyed FlashForward so far. Hopefully it stays interesting and doesn't get crazy-weird like Lost.
                          Love. Where does it come from?
                          from The Thin Red Line

Comment

I haven't seen Lost so I am usually unable to make the connection.

Saw the second show last night and I am still happy with the direction. The plot seems to be well developed, well at least it seems involving to me.

They seem to have added some 'conspiracy' element to the flavouring.

I have really only made one observation so far. It does after all revolve around a specific date in 2011. This means the show will be hard pressed to press forward beyond that date. Just as with Babylon 5, the series might have without knowing, made it so it can't go past that time without the same effect season 5 of Babylon 5 experienced.
                            Life is change. Built models for decades.
                            Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
                            I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

My thinking is that if the show is successful, 2011 will become the pivotal date at which time the "next step forward" will be revealed.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X