Battleship: The Movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by les Brains View Post
    Dune is the greatest work in science fiction..
    Frankly that statement is without foundation.

Comment

Originally posted by Bugreport View Post

Yeah, everyone knows that honor goes to Ender's Game.

Ben
      Last edited by Leftie; 25 Sep 09, 08:53. Reason: singularized the word "Game"
      "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell

Comment

Originally posted by Bugreport View Post
        Frankly it is not my opinion, I am merely parroting the majority viewpoint of the science fiction community for the last several decades.

So I think you will find you are massively outgunned

And I only need to point to a local bookstore shelf to demonstrate the truth. 17 releases already published, 2 more planned is no small task to outperform.

Check out wiki
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dune_(novel)

"Dune is a science fiction novel written by Frank Herbert, published in 1965. It won the 1966 Hugo Award and the inaugural Nebula Award for Best Novel.[1] Dune is also the first bestselling hardcover science fiction novel and is frequently cited as the world's best-selling science fiction novel".

I rather think the foundation is immensely solid actually
        Life is change. Built models for decades.
        Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
        I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

I'm more excited for the inevitable sequel, "electronic battleship."
          "The people never have the power, only the illusion of it. And here is the real secret: they don't want it. The responsibility is too great to bear. It's why they are so quick to fall in line as soon as someone else takes charge."
          "

Comment

..well, i have just sneezed into a tissue, and am now at this moment sending it to JJ Abhrams as my first draft of "Snot, ..the movie", ..im thinking it will be warmly recieved actually..hee hee

Comment

Hollywood is talently bankrupt.
              In Vino Veritas

Comment

My only negative comment against Herbert's writings would be that his time spans often left me a little confused on where it fit in and what had happened in the intervening millenia. This is mostly directed at his later books in the Dune saga.
                Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by ace View Post
                  I'm more excited for the inevitable sequel, "electronic battleship."

Anybody remember The Omega Virus?

That might make a good sci-fi.

A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    My only negative comment against Herbert's writings would be that his time spans often left me a little confused on where it fit in and what had happened in the intervening millenia. This is mostly directed at his later books in the Dune saga.
                    Herbert wrote Dune as a stand alone one off.
                    How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
                    Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X