• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody see "Quarantine" yet !
    I heard it was a real shocker...

Greets,
    Stratego
    Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.- Napoleon

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

BORG

Comment

Originally posted by Stratego View Post
      Anybody see "Quarantine" yet !
      I heard it was a real shocker...

Greets,
      Stratego
      Oh that one was quite the film, and surprising too, because the ending actually is surprising as these sorts of films normally have a different ending. I can't comment though in order to not spoil that aspect.

But I can say it has vague 'zombie' like elements and if that isn't your thing the film won't likely be your speed.
      Life is change. Built models for decades.
      Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
      I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Originally posted by les Brains View Post
        Today I stumbled on Darkness Falls. Never managed to watch it when it came out.

Now this film has some nice timing. Let me tell you not much makes me jump, but this film is truly good at the fright sequence part. Yeah it's not like you will be 'really' scared, as it's just a film eh. But dang if it came make ME jump, it is good and scary

Got any favs to mention for films genuinely good at making you jump?
        I saw that movie and it scared me too...saw it when it was first out on cable....
        "Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few."- Sir Winston Churchill, about R.A.F. fighter pilots."
        "It is well that war is so terrible, else we grow to fond of it." - Robert E. Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          Jaws had a couple of moments. Alien did, too. I was terrified during the original The Thing. (about 5 1/2 y/o on the troopship to Germany)

I'm not a big fan of sudden slash-and-gore; too many films substitute sudden gratuitous violence for meaningful suspense. I would have liked to have seen Jaws as directed by Hitchcock, for example.
          Yep, Alien is still the all time scariest movie for me, although the Ring (original Jap version) comes pretty close.

Comment

Yeah the Ring made it kinda spooky looking at a TV screen with snow

White Noise is also a good one for making it a good idea to not listen to static too intently after watching the film hehe.

But Poltergeist owns that spot as it got there first a long time ago.
            Life is change. Built models for decades.
            Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
            I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

White Noise is also a good one for making it a good idea to not listen to static too intently after watching the film hehe.

Oh yes! I completely forgot about that movie.

Comment

Two films come to mind which really frightened me. The first has no monsters, ghosts or aliens, just a guy descending into madness. That was Magic with Anthony Hopkins in the lead as an insane ventriliquist. That one kept me up many a night. The second was the original Omen with Gregory Peck and Lee Remick. That one made me scamper for the Book of Revelation and tails of the Anti-Christ. So well done and and so chilling in so many places (lots of jump out of the chair moments).

Comment

Cant remember the name, but there was a film quite a while back in which the "monsters" came though the blank TV screen...Videodrome?
                  Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

How about Halloween with Jamie Lee Curtis? now that one scared the out of me and The Birds...that was old Hitchcock..had nightmares about killer parakeets for months...
                    "Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few."- Sir Winston Churchill, about R.A.F. fighter pilots."
                    "It is well that war is so terrible, else we grow to fond of it." - Robert E. Lee

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X