Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Clint Eastwood film?

Dear All,

I bought 'Gran Torino' on DVD today as I didn't get the chance to watch it at the cinema, so I am looking forward to watching it over the weekend.

I have always been a fan of Eastwood's films from as long as I have been old enough to appreciate them and I was wondering what ACG members might consider to be his best or favourite film(s)?

I have always enjoyed 'Dirty Harry' and 'High Plains Drifter' - does anybody else have an opinion?

(picture used without permission)
    HONNEUR ET FIDÉLITÉ

"Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won." - Duke of Wellington at Waterloo.

I wouldn't know where to start...The Unforgiven? Dirty Harry? Play Misty For Me? Line Of Fire? Westerns? Detectives? Bad guys? Good guys?

Terrific actor who has come a long ways from Rowdy Yates.
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      I wouldn't know where to start...The Unforgiven? Dirty Harry? Play Misty For Me? Line Of Fire? Westerns? Detectives? Bad guys? Good guys?

Terrific actor who has come a long ways from Rowdy Yates.
      Thats sort of my point - he isn't a one trick pony, is he? He has covered such a wide range and is a master both in front and behind of the camera.

In my opinion, he has few equals and no betters.
      HONNEUR ET FIDÉLITÉ

"Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won." - Duke of Wellington at Waterloo.

Comment

Gran Torino is an excellent film that shows what Clint Eastwood is capable of..as an actor and director..all time favorite though is probably The Outlaw Josey Wales and the Good the Bad and the Ugly..classic Clint Eastwood..I could go on and on...also Unforgiven..
        "Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few."- Sir Winston Churchill, about R.A.F. fighter pilots."
        "It is well that war is so terrible, else we grow to fond of it." - Robert E. Lee

Comment

Josey Wales by a hair over Unforgiven.............
          Lance W.

Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance Williams View Post
            Josey Wales by a hair over Unforgiven.............
            I'll cast a third vote for Josey Wales...But my second choice would be Dirty Harry. I haven't seen Gran Torino yet. Clint was great in Million Dollar Baby - But that has to be the most depressing movie that I have ever seen.
            Last edited by The Doctor; 02 Jul 09, 16:13.
            Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Continuing on with the love fest for dear Clint...

Picking a one best would be hard. The Dirty Harry movies weren't my favorite, but they were a little before my time. I loved Gran Torino. I had high expectations and it surpassed them. Can't name one favorite though.

Comment

I also liked him in the Line Of Fire as a Secret Service Agent..it came out about 12 yrs ago I think,,,I love Every Which Way but Loose... It is a classic
                "Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few."- Sir Winston Churchill, about R.A.F. fighter pilots."
                "It is well that war is so terrible, else we grow to fond of it." - Robert E. Lee

Comment

Two Mules for Sister Sarah, Heartbreak Ridge, Bridges of Madison County, and Pale Rider.
                  Love. Where does it come from?
                  from The Thin Red Line

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
                    I'll cast a third vote for Josey Wales...
                    Fourthed
                    If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

Originally posted by Dolley View Post
                      Two Mules for Sister Sarah, Heartbreak Ridge, Bridges of Madison County, and Pale Rider.
                      I watched "Two Mules for Sister Sarah" a few weeks ago and I think that its kind of under rated. "Pale Rider" I think is vastly under rated, its probably my 3rd most favorite Eastwood film. "Heartbreak Ridge" is an average movie, but has some truly classic lines............

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091187/quotes
                      Lance W.

Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

How about Every Which Way But Loose? not a real serious movie but vastly entertaining..

Comment

I am looking for Mr. Philo Bedoe.
                          I often think how much easier the world would have been to manage if Herr Hitler and Signor Mussolini had been at Oxford. Lord Halifax

Comment

Does he have to be the lead for it to be a Clint Eastwood film?

I liked him in all his films, even the early ones like Where Eagles Dare.
                            Life is change. Built models for decades.
                            Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
                            I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

High plaines drifter for me.

Paul
                              Last edited by Dibble201Bty; 02 Jul 09, 21:14.
                              ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
                              All human ills he can subdue,
                              Or with a bauble or medal
                              Can win mans heart for you;
                              And many a blessing know to stew
                              To make a megloamaniac bright;
                              Give honour to the dainty Corse,
                              The Pixie is a little shite.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...