Polar Storm 2009 TV (fromage alert)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polar Storm 2009 TV (fromage alert)

Just watched this. About the only interesting thing about the movie, is the lead scientist actor who I guess is goofing off while away from filming episodes for Heroes.

Ok comet approaches earth, fragment breaks off during damn close pass. Fragment whammos into north central Alaska. No one notices but some caribou I suppose. Still it creates half a million dead somehow.

Earth's magnetic field is badly damaged (that's the focus of the film).

This is a pole shift type disaster film, not a big rock movie by the way.

The magnetic shield starts going nuts, auroras for everyone. Oh and there's these really impressive bursts of emp that start hitting around the globe zapping people that are in close proximity to anything electrical currently turned on.

Then the plates start getting in on the action and you get classic Hollywood cracks that follow roads and never seem to harm buildings. That, and of course there are people that can stand frozen in shock as a crack opens under them, even though they could have just jumped to safety instead.

It was not tooooo bad a movie until you guessed it, looks like we need a great big ole nuclear explosion to solve this here problem.
    Why do they always think nukes can fix everything? Especially as even our biggest possible bang is chicken feed in comparison to mother nature on an average day.

My thoughts on this film. Watch the first 1/2 to 3/4s of the film then get distracted and miss the rest

And yep, they even gave us a black US president. Gee, I wonder who he was supposed to be eh.
    Life is change. Built models for decades.
    Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
    I didn't for a long time either.

Didn't you just post a rant about those who don't like outlandish sci-fi films like Transformers 2?

Didn't you demand to know what everyone else was thinking? What were you thinking? That this was a documentary, or an Oscar winner waiting to happen?

It's a film, les. OK...it's a really bad film. Get over it.
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Didn't you just post a rant about those who don't like outlandish sci-fi films like Transformers 2?

Didn't you demand to know what everyone else was thinking? What were you thinking? That this was a documentary, or an Oscar winner waiting to happen?

It's a film, les. OK...it's a really bad film. Get over it.
      Some day MM, you'll understand that some of us actually get bored and watch lousy movies
      While a large swath of society prefers to drink their brain cells away to deal with boredom.
      I can't afford the beer, but a free download isn't a problem.

Now, if I had KNOWN the outcome of the film in advance, yeah, I would have done something better with my time.
      Life is change. Built models for decades.
      Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
      I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Originally posted by les Brains View Post
        Some day MM, you'll understand that some of us actually get bored and watch lousy movies
        While a large swath of society prefers to drink their brain cells away to deal with boredom.
        I can't afford the beer, but a free download isn't a problem.

Now, if I had KNOWN the outcome of the film in advance, yeah, I would have done something better with my time.
        Oh, I get your boredom, les, believe me I do.
        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Snowshoveler
          Attack against Saudi Arabia
          by Snowshoveler
          Saudi Arabia’s oil infrastructure was attacked by around 10 armed drones by Yemens Houthi rebels and has caused SA to lose half their oil production....
          Yesterday, 17:56
        • hobo9
          C-123B
          by hobo9
          Would anyone know the wheel and tire sizes (NLG & MLG) for the Fairchild C-123B Provider?
          Thank you,
          P.N....
          Yesterday, 17:22
        • Mountain Man
          Here Comes The Gas Gouge!
          by Mountain Man
          Drone strike on Saudi oil fields...the perfect excuse for another round of gas price hikes. And I'll bet all that "excess capacity" just magically...
          Yesterday, 16:30
        Working...
        X