Alien Prequel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alien Prequel?

This may just be a rumor - and I'm not sure how they can make a prequel to a movie that introduces the alien race - but here you go.

Collider: 20th Century Fox is talking about remaking or redoing the original Alien. What’s going on with that?

Tony Scott: Yes, Carl Rinsch is going to do the prequel to Alien. He’s one of our directors at our company.
    http://www.collider.com/2009/05/29/e...its-a-prequel/
    Our forefathers died to give us freedom, not free stuff.

I write books about zombies as E.E. Isherwood. Check me out at ZombieBooks.net.

Ugh! Aliens was one of the rare sequels as good or better
    then the original, but, like somebody in the Cheers sitcom said
    of Godfather III, "They should have stopped after II."

Comment

I dunno, there is always something to enjoy about the Aliens in acid drenched action.

Never mind a prequel though, get them onto Earth and for goodness sakes, STOP mutating them, they are much better as they were originally portrayed, at least, I think so.
      HONNEUR ET FIDÉLITÉ

"Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won." - Duke of Wellington at Waterloo.

Comment

You mean besides the physiologic impossibilities?

Prequels...the nasty successor to sequels.
        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

There were two of the best horror films i've seen in a long time, i don't know if they should mess with a good thing.
          "The spirit is willing, but the flesh is spongy and bruised"
          Zap Brannigan. Futurama

Comment

Wonder if it will start with just how that Alien ship got there and why did it have thise things on it
            Are we there yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Dano View Post
              Wonder if it will start with just how that Alien ship got there and why did it have thise things on it
              But we already know that. The alien beings were hosts and crash-landed and died when their evil little aliens broke out.

Comment

Originally posted by cecilia View Post
                There were two of the best horror films i've seen in a long time, i don't know if they should mess with a good thing.
                Sadly, they've already mangled the hell out of the Aliens Universe once they got past the second movie. In my opinion they can't do any worse than what has already been done.

One wonders what would be worse - a prequel to Alien, or a remake of Alien? At least with a prequel you'd think they'd need to use some creativity. A direct remake is one of the laziest inventions in Hollywood.

I should mention my bias though - as I believe that the movie Aliens is a near perfect piece of movie making.
                Our forefathers died to give us freedom, not free stuff.

I write books about zombies as E.E. Isherwood. Check me out at ZombieBooks.net.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogsbody67 View Post
                  I dunno, there is always something to enjoy about the Aliens in acid drenched action.

Never mind a prequel though, get them onto Earth and for goodness sakes, STOP mutating them, they are much better as they were originally portrayed, at least, I think so.
                  I was reading about the Swiss artist who created the concept drawings for the Alien in Alien. I bet you didn't know that the alien's head is essentially a big giant penis.

Here is the 1976 painting titled Necronom IV, from which the inspiration for the design of the alien was taken. Notice the head is a giant penis.

That's right. It's scary. What was Sigorney Weaver being chased by up in space? A big, giant, D...
                  The film really is about interstellar rape by a species that will impregnate you.
                  Last edited by Cicero; 02 Jun 09, 12:09.

Comment

Right.....I'll sleep easier knowing that. Cheers!
                    HONNEUR ET FIDÉLITÉ

"Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won." - Duke of Wellington at Waterloo.

Comment

Originally posted by Cicero View Post
                      I was reading about the Swiss artist who created the concept drawings for the Alien in Alien. I bet you didn't know that the alien's head is essentially a big giant penis.

Here is the 1976 painting titled Necronom IV, from which the inspiration for the design of the alien was taken. Notice the head is a giant penis.

That's right. It's scary. What was Sigorney Weaver being chased by up in space? A big, giant, D...
                      The film really is about interstellar rape by a species that will impregnate you.
                      You mean Geiger? There was supposedly a night club decorated with drawings like that.

I love it when film makers race right by scientific facts and impossibilities in their quest to make monster films.

I did think, though, that Alien was an outstanding film. My favorite remains Aliens, however, because of the Marines.

Comment

I think the Alien/Predator line has more life left in it. Hope to see more from all.

Comment

Hmmm...recycled costumes and creatures. What next? Aliens and Predators vs the Texas Chainsaw Killer?

Comment

Originally posted by Cicero View Post

Yup! mine was the model

Paul
                            ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
                            All human ills he can subdue,
                            Or with a bauble or medal
                            Can win mans heart for you;
                            And many a blessing know to stew
                            To make a megloamaniac bright;
                            Give honour to the dainty Corse,
                            The Pixie is a little shite.

Comment

Please.......make.......it.......stop.

Why did they have to keep beating an original good movie to death.

Oh wait, it's Hollywood.
                              Life is change. Built models for decades.
                              Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
                              I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X