• Show
Clear All

Wow...I can't wait to see it!
    Publisher
    Armchair General Magazine
    Weider History Group

Comment

[SPOILERS!]

So after watching it for the second time, I know what ticked me off: the Romulans.

Here's what's wrong with them:
      • the whole frigging ship doesn't make sense, with all the "crane"-like extended arms. You could maybe declare them as mining gear, but it gets completely out of line with the rope (or chain) for the drill. What's with the teeth at the rope? How to you roll that up?
      • what's with standing water in a spaceship?
      • obviously the Romulans completely nuked their looks from the other series, which would be kind of OK if this movie wouldn't explicitly state that Volcans and Romulans are basically the same genetics.
      • Not the Romulans fault, but all over this movie Klingon cruisers are being referred to as "Warbirds", which is the term for the Roluman designs (the Klingons have Bird of Preys but what's on screen there is not even a BoP). Come on. Just because it's a cute term doesn't mean you have to splatter it all over.

And how can the Planet that old Spock is on be as close to Vulcan as you would normally place a moon, and to make it worse not being affected by a black hole eating that "moon"? That whole sequence on the ice planet is definitely driven into insultingly stupid. Starting with the creature with no fur (nuclear reactor?), the Vulcan proximity, climbing out of the ice hole with no gloves.

Comment

Saw it. Loved it. Shouldn't have had a pint before going to the cinema, shouldn't have taken a seat near the middle.

Comment

joea,

Next time bring an empty bottle for emergencies. I guarantee after you use it once, you won't have a lot of neighbors in your way!

Pruitt
          Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
            joea,

Next time bring an empty bottle for emergencies. I guarantee after you use it once, you won't have a lot of neighbors in your way!

Pruitt
            Especially if you ofter them a drink.
            War is less costly than servitude

Comment

As the person who started this thread, I should give my verdict on this film, now I have seen it. I enjoyed it and though it is a worthy addition to the Star Trek canon. Of course you might say, well he would write that as a middle aged Trekie. However my two sons who are most definetly not Trekies, enjoyed it too and I can give no higher recommend than that.
              War is less costly than servitude

Comment

Originally posted by kendrick View Post
                As the person who started this thread, I should give my verdict on this film, now I have seen it. I enjoyed it and though it is a worthy addition to the Star Trek canon. Of course you might say, well he would write that as a middle aged Trekie. However my two sons who are most definetly not Trekies, enjoyed it too and I can give no higher recommend than that.
                My wife is no Trekkie...All through the movie she kept asking me about the characters. I don't think it turned her into a Trekkie...but it did seem to pique her interest in Star Trek.
                Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

I am no means a trekkie and I thought it was pretty damn good. Simon Pegg was the best part of it. The movie should have had much,much more of him in it.
                  And it's over the mountain and over the Main,
                  Through Gibralter, to France and Spain.
                  Pit a feather tae your bonnet, and a kilt aboon your knee,
                  Enlist my bonnie laddie and come awa with me.

Comment

I saw the movie & thoroughly enjoyed it. Even people I know who aren't big into Sci-fi saw it and came away saying how enjoyable it was.

Comment

I just saw it...thought it had the chemistry and charm of the original series.

In a word they captured the "magic" of the original tv series.

Well done!!
                      Publisher
                      Armchair General Magazine
                      Weider History Group

Comment

I liked it better the third time around. Just thought of these "Romulans" as the hells angels of Romulus.

Why does this mining ship have like a hundred torpedo launchers (not torpedos, launchers)?

Comment

I saw it again yesterday. The only problem I have with the movie is when Kirk and Scotty beam aboard the Enterprise, it isnt their sudden appearance on board the ship the computer detects, but the un authorized use of a computer panel.

Comment

Sword fights. Get a gun.
                            Star Wars okay. But Star Trek. Nah
                            Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Just saw it. Entertaining. Funny.

Favorite part:

McCoy: (To Spock) "Are you outta yer Vulcan mind?"
                              History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
                              _________
                              BoRG

Comment

Just saw it. It is definitely a MUST WATCH.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X