No announcement yet.

Star Trek, the movie [MAJOR SPOILERS]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This just in, I am seeing forum comments that are very encouraging.

One man reports the audience stood and clapped at the end of the film it was received so well.
    Life is change. Built models for decades.
    Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
    I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Originally posted by cst784 View Post
      Hey I have one of those too....she who must be obeyed...and what do you know, she has also informed me that we will be seeing this movie. I wonder if they are plotting something here???
      It's the StarTrek wives....kind of like the Stepford Wives...but nerdier....

sad to say....I have one too

Comment

I've promised him indoors i'll take him to see it, it better be good.
        "The spirit is willing, but the flesh is spongy and bruised"
        Zap Brannigan. Futurama

Comment

Just got back from seeing it......highly enjoyed it. Is it the best Star Trek? Hard to say right now.

This is not a remake. It is a complete reboot. It's like one of those episodes where something gets changed & spawns an alternate universe-this is the alternate universe. Things that happened in the old universe are changed greatly-yet the core characters still come together & you enjoy the interaction.

I would be very curious to hear what the die hard "Trekkies" "Trekkors" or whatever think.

Uhura is HOT!
          The muffled drums sad roll has beat the soldier's last tatoo. No more on life's parade shall meet that brave and fallen few.

Comment

I would be very curious to hear what the die hard "Trekkies" "Trekkors" or whatever think.

Uhura is HOT!

I'm a old Trekkie and I didn't like the ramifications of this movie.
            I'm not happy with the conclusion. I won't wreck it for you.
            But lets just say that the Star Trek universe just got shat upon...

Maybe they will fix it in the sequel.
            Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

The original Uhura was hotter by several magnitudes.

But the show was great. Can't say why without spoiling it though.

Comment

I am looking forward to seeing it!

Comment

I saw this in IMAX and it blew me away. Normally I wouldn't give a second thought to critics and I would have seen this flick no matter what the reviews - but it is worth noting that it has almost unanimous positive reviews. Other than a few minor gripes about the re-use of themes/events from earlier Trek movies (sort of how the new Battlestar Galactica re-tooled events and characters from the first series) - I have no complaints. I'm planning on taking my wife to an IMAX show as soon as I can.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/star_trek_11/

This film succeeds first as an action film, and the fact that it is the world of Star Trek is only icing on the cake for me. Sadly, I fear that the Star Trek name will keep a lot of people from seeing this otherwise fantastic thriller. I've told everyone I run into to go see this movie and the response is always the same "Star Trek? I'm not a fan."

They soon will be.
                  Our forefathers died to give us freedom, not free stuff.

I write books about zombies as E.E. Isherwood. Check me out at ZombieBooks.net.

Comment

Originally posted by Siberian HEAT View Post
                    I saw this in IMAX and it blew me away. Normally I wouldn't give a second thought to critics and I would have seen this flick no matter what the reviews - but it is worth noting that it has almost unanimous positive reviews. Other than a few minor gripes about the re-use of themes/events from earlier Trek movies (sort of how the new Battlestar Galactica re-tooled events and characters from the first series) - I have no complaints. I'm planning on taking my wife to an IMAX show as soon as I can.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/star_trek_11/

This film succeeds first as an action film, and the fact that it is the world of Star Trek is only icing on the cake for me. Sadly, I fear that the Star Trek name will keep a lot of people from seeing this otherwise fantastic thriller. I've told everyone I run into to go see this movie and the response is always the same "Star Trek? I'm not a fan."

They soon will be.
                    I agree with everything you say here.
                    The muffled drums sad roll has beat the soldier's last tatoo. No more on life's parade shall meet that brave and fallen few.

Comment

Originally posted by hellboy30 View Post
                      Just got back from seeing it......highly enjoyed it. Is it the best Star Trek? Hard to say right now.

This is not a remake. It is a complete reboot. It's like one of those episodes where something gets changed & spawns an alternate universe-this is the alternate universe. Things that happened in the old universe are changed greatly-yet the core characters still come together & you enjoy the interaction.

Uhura is HOT!
                      I made a point of not reading anything about the movie until I saw it...Good thing...Since you gave away the plot...

It was GREAAATTT!

I am a die-hard Trekker. I smuggled a toy phasor and an Enterprise (NCC-1701) model into the Jeep on the way to the movie. My wife took them away from me when I held the Enterprise up through the sun roof while I was driving...

I was very worried it was going to be a Starship Trooper-ized version of Star Trek. I think Gene Roddenberry would have been pleased with this alternate universe version of Kirk & crew.

The kid who played the young version of Dr. McCoy was perfect and Zach Quinto's young Spock was very good too.

ad infinitum!!!
                      Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

saw it last night and thought it was very good
                        "The people never have the power, only the illusion of it. And here is the real secret: they don't want it. The responsibility is too great to bear. It's why they are so quick to fall in line as soon as someone else takes charge."
                        "

Comment

Holy crap!! As a Trek fan,I thought the movie was great. It was a good way to start fresh. Not sure if I like the Spock-Uhura thing though.
                          If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

Originally posted by cst784 View Post
                            Hey I have one of those too....she who must be obeyed...and what do you know, she has also informed me that we will be seeing this movie. I wonder if they are plotting something here???

PSST! Don't let mine know but I wanted to see this myself so it's not like its going to hurt, at least not like that last chick flick see dragged me to that I fell asleep during.
                            The movie has been deliberately filled with pretty boys, or so all the women who's seen it told me

I liked it quite a bit. I hate time travel but overall this one might be justified.

Comment

Well, I've read a lot of reviews on this movie, and so far most of them are quite positive.

Unfortunately, because of my deafness, I'll have to wait until it's out on DVD four or five months from now.

Sigh...it's gonna be a long wait for me....

Dan
                              Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

I think it should be mentioned, as it seems there is some confusion.

There wasn't any 'time' travel so much as there was travel to other realities.

No one has gone back or forward in time in this film. I know, I watched it.

Great idea though to take the Star Trek franchise down the road they have.

Not sure they are actually planning to spin off more films from it though. But they left the door wide open.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X