Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SERIOUSLY! Get the lead out and get this film on DVD!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SERIOUSLY! Get the lead out and get this film on DVD!!!!!!!

As a WWI fighter plane fan I have been waiting for heaven knows how long to see the recent Red Baron movie they made.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0365675/

First got wind of it in '07 and these [email protected]$$es still haven't made this movie available to the public. It's really starting to bug me. Also bugging me in the movie Aces High, a WWI fighter plane movie with Christopher Plummer that is also not finding it's way on DVD. Come on, we have the time to put American idol and episodes of TV shows still airing on reruns every 20 seconds but we can't put the classics down?
    A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Well at least with Aces High I can console myself with watching some of the dogfight footage someone was kind enough to post on YouTube. Someone ought to post the whole movie. If you aren't going to make the film available to the general public, don't complain if someone else does. Like the servant with the talents, take from the one who won't do anything with what he is given and give to the one who will make something of it.

Nice footage. And they mix up the plane variety. Those cornballs that did Flyboys got a little too happy with one plane type. Real squadrons were mixed bag and besides, variety makes a movie colorful.
    A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Originally posted by pirateship1982 View Post
      Well at least with Aces High I can console myself with watching some of the dogfight footage someone was kind enough to post on YouTube. Someone ought to post the whole movie. If you aren't going to make the film available to the general public, don't complain if someone else does. Like the servant with the talents, take from the one who won't do anything with what he is given and give to the one who will make something of it.

Nice footage. And they mix up the plane variety. Those cornballs that did Flyboys got a little too happy with one plane type. Real squadrons were mixed bag and besides, variety makes a movie colorful.
      That's because the CGI is a whole lot cheaper that way.
      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Aces High is actually a very good film, even without the dog fights. It is based on Shariff's play, "Journey's End."
        A massive attack...a brigade against an army...three nights of battle...an unforgettable tragedy.
        Sixty years later, the full story is told at last:
        http://tothelastround.wordpress.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X