X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andreas Hofer,the Braveheart of the Alps

To Mantua it started:

Napoleon's Europe in 1810.
    The Troops of the King of Bavaria ( a Vasal Ruler of Napoleon) are occupying the Tyrolian Alps. Bringing a secular message into this fundamentalistic catholic region:
    1.) Seperation of Church and State
    2.) Equal Rights for Woman
    3.) The Right to divorce Marriages
    4.) Gun Control
    5.) Goverment Schools
    6.) Elect Members for Landtag (Parliament)

Napoleon's Emissaries struck a Hornets Nest.

Under the Leadership of Andreas Hofer and the Glergy with the help of the
    Tiroler - Schuetzen - Kompanie's (National Guard) to Insbruck, Bozen (Bolzano),and Mantua the Insurgency started one of the most bloodiest conflicts Europe has ever experienced.
    Napoleon had to send his most famous Marshall to quell the Rebellion,
    but failed in the first few attempts.
    The King of Bavaria desperate for troops, his armies fighting in Spain
    and the french colonies, is drafting Child Soldiers.
    Napoleon's War Maschine scratched troops together from Galicia to Masuren, to make up for a staedy casualties.

The Movie "Andreas Hofer - the freedom of the Eagle" (die freiheit des Adlers),
    will be released soon with english subtitles.

The Holy Land Tyrol

Comming Soon:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1381407/

No Prisoners,
    No Mercy given,and no mercy expected.

Comment

Subtitles

will be released soon with english subtitles.[/QUOTE]

Do you know if the version with english subtitles has been released?

Comment

Originally posted by xaviersancho View Post
        will be released soon with english subtitles.
        Do you know if the version with english subtitles has been released?[/QUOTE]

There are two Distributors who plan to release the subtitled versions
        as early as November 2009:

Criterion for Northamerica.
        VOX(Russia) for Europe.

Comment

Wow! Thank you Konzev for all the information. I am of French parentage, so I always love it to see the French as the bad guys. Vive la France!

Man, what was wrong with the right to divorce and women's rights?

Actually, it's the ******* Italians that are occupying South Tirol. I can't understand--they won the last World Cup in 2006, yet Italians still come crying to me about Zidane headbutting Matterazzi having him fall wop on his ass.

France should invade Italy again. First we've got to kick all the Arabs. "Vae victus".

Originally posted by Konzev View Post
          Do you know if the version with english subtitles has been released?

VOX(Russia) for Europe.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by olivenstein View Post
            Wow! Thank you Konzev for all the information. I am of French parentage, so I always love it to see the French as the bad guys. Vive la France!

Man, what was wrong with the right to divorce and women's rights?

Actually, it's the ******* Italians that are occupying South Tirol. I can't understand--they won the last World Cup in 2006, yet Italians still come crying to me about Zidane headbutting Matterazzi having him fall wop on his ass.

France should invade Italy again. First we've got to kick all the Arabs. "Vae victus".

VOX(Russia) for Europe.
            [/QUOTE]

Actually Bonapartes troops who where stationed in Tyrol where
            Rhein-Bund bavarian Volitigeurs au pied, a few Badener and Wuertemberger.
            Off course the higher Brass was french.
            It's one of the best films I have ever seen.

Please keep an eye at this distributor:
            http://www.artpopdvd.com/DVD/48544.aspx

By the way, 3 of my ancesters where also part of the french army in 1808: Westphalian Voltigeurs au pied under the Command of King Jerome, King of Westfalia, a brother of Bonaparte.
            They never returned. One went with Poniatowski's polish lancers to Spain, where he was killed in action.
            I still have his deathcertificate from the french Department militaire de westfalie, signed by General's Angerau and Dombrowski.
            My Grand Grand..Mother kept it in a 2nd print Duerer Bible from
            The other two perished in Russia, one was killed in action at the battle of Smolensk, the other at a skirmish at Yekaterino Selo. The son of a neighbor survived the the retreat, and reported it to my family.

Comment

Andreas Hofer

Hello,
              Are the subtitles of Andreas Hofer published? I can not find them anywhere, and the link you gave is not good.

Comment

Originally posted by xaviersancho View Post
                Hello,
                Are the subtitles of Andreas Hofer published? I can not find them anywhere, and the link you gave is not good.
                It's a real shame, that this epic story hasn't been discovered by northamerican distributors. Perhaps it's too gritty, too anti religious
                (the fanatic priest leading the charge against the bavarian voltigeurs), or other elements northameican audiences might find offensive: French military police shooting (and killing) at a running family (mother with younger children) and so on.
                Now there is another new film on the topic comming to DVD and Blue Ray in germany:
                BERG BLUT (Mountain Blood)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X