George Lucas First Post Star Wars Film

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George Lucas First Post Star Wars Film

George Lucas is set to produce his first post Star Wars film. It is titled Red Tails and is about the Tuskegee airmen of WWII. Anthony Hemingway is set to direct. No word on studio or release date yet.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,501725,00.html
    If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Looks Promising

Originally posted by Legate View Post
    George Lucas is set to produce his first post Star Wars film. It is titled Red Tails and is about the Tuskegee airmen of WWII. Anthony Hemingway is set to direct. No word on studio or release date yet.

I'm looking forward to this one.
    Really liked the older made for TV version from 1995 with Lawrence Fishburne.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114745/

Comment

Let's hope it is an accurate portrayal of a brave and legendary US Fighter squadron & no Gung ho hyperbole.
      In the past, US 'True Story' war films have been garnished with diatribe, over heroics & artistic license. This is not needed.
      What is needed is a good film about WW2 airmen that will stand as a testament to the part played by the airmen & personnel of the USAF and 'at last' the black contingent.

Paul
      ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
      All human ills he can subdue,
      Or with a bauble or medal
      Can win mans heart for you;
      And many a blessing know to stew
      To make a megloamaniac bright;
      Give honour to the dainty Corse,
      The Pixie is a little shite.

Comment

Judging by George Lucas' ... er ... limited record, I won't hold much hope for this one. I think it'll be a turkey - filled with eye-watering special effects, of course!

Comment

I'm inclined to just stick with the documentary I have about them.

Movies of military history are only useful when there isn't any documentary footage to indulge.

I generally prefer grainy old film footage over fancy glitzy modern filming technology. I'd rather be seeing the real thing.
          Life is change. Built models for decades.
          Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
          I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Pity Lucas decided to try an ride an old horse. At a minimum, he should have come up with something new, but this comes across as entirely politically motivated.

Is he looking for a Cabinet posting as First Cinematographer?
            Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Ogukuo72 View Post
              Judging by George Lucas' ... er ... limited record, I won't hold much hope for this one. I think it'll be a turkey - filled with eye-watering special effects, of course!
              Maybe not..........there are plenty of flying P-51's, so maybe they'll do it "old school".
              Lance W.

Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

It would have been nice if he kept going with the Star Wars trioligy. Which is what he is good at.
                In this world nothing is certain but death and taxes
                - Benjamin Franklin, U.S. statesman, author, and scientist

Comment

Originally posted by Konzev View Post
                  I'm looking forward to this one.
                  Really liked the older made for TV version from 1995 with Lawrence Fishburne.
                  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114745/
                  I really enjoyed that one too. As I recall, it was an HBO produced made for TV film. Lawrence Fishburne and Cuba Gooding Jr. were great in that film.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    Pity Lucas decided to try an ride an old horse. At a minimum, he should have come up with something new, but this comes across as entirely politically motivated.

Is he looking for a Cabinet posting as First Cinematographer?
                    Yes...I can see it now: IMDB The Tuskegee Airman and the Comprehensive Health Care Reform Act.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance Williams View Post
                      Maybe not..........there are plenty of flying P-51's, so maybe they'll do it "old school".

Well let's hope so. It'll be great to see those old warbirds flying en masse again.

But if I know George Lucas, he'll overdo it somehow.

Pity. I think the Tuskegee airmen deserved much better than that.

Comment

Let's hope it isn't like Pearly Harbor...
                        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Booy View Post
                          It would have been nice if he kept going with the Star Wars trioligy. Which is what he is good at.

Right 1,2 and 3 were real high points in film history.
                          Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

Originally posted by Ogukuo72 View Post
                            Well let's hope so. It'll be great to see those old warbirds flying en masse again.

But if I know George Lucas, he'll overdo it somehow.

Pity. I think the Tuskegee airmen deserved much better than that.
                            Could we at least wait until itís started to be made before talking about it as a disaster in the past tense?
                            Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

Originally posted by Legate View Post

If there is no action figure or other toy involved he may be trying to create a good film to justify his career.

Having said that, creating Star Wars and then involved with the fantastic (and better) sequel 'Yes Luke....' he will always be forgiven imo for the prequel.
                              How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
                              Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X