No announcement yet.

Most "Bada$$" Female on TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's put it this way............I want Alice on MY SIDE.
    Lance W.

Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Originally posted by Kendoka Girl View Post

I am definitely better with a blade, but have a few years of karate and eight years of aikido. We have a Krav Maga instructor in our unit too, who gives us lessons every couple of weeks.
      Eight years of aikido? Krav Maga? OK, I'm putting in an official request to have you watch my back!

I'm an aikido-ka too. Definitely lays a good foundation for unarmed combat. I'm not so keen on Tae Kwan Do/Karate type martial arts though.

Comment

While I think strikes and kicks are valuable parts of a self defense arsenal, I always thought that grappling skills were more valuable in that so many fights end up on the ground. Tae Kwon Do is a beautiful art and I wouldn't want to face a master in it, but I can see how a lesser practitioner could be vulnerable when setting up or delivering that big kick.

I like our Krav Maga instruction in that it is very diversified, strikes, kicks, grappling....

Here's a good aikido vid that I like. This guy really has a lot of power. His iriminage and koshinage throws are very convincing.

My sensei always said that the floor is harder than any fist.
        TTFN

Comment

My old sensei always said that grace is more important than speed or strength. You do it gracefully, the rest will take care of themselves.

Comment

While I think strikes and kicks are valuable parts of a self defense arsenal, I always thought that grappling skills were more valuable in that so many fights end up on the ground. Tae Kwon Do is a beautiful art and I wouldn't want to face a master in it, but I can see how a lesser practitioner could be vulnerable when setting up or delivering that big kick.

I like our Krav Maga instruction in that it is very diversified, strikes, kicks, grappling....
            I was going to add some grappling comments to my previous post (just to add a little more innuendo) but I wasn't sure everyone would get the reference.

I guess I should have gone with it.
            History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
            _________
            BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by Torien View Post
              I was going to add some grappling comments to my previous post (just to add a little more innuendo) but I wasn't sure everyone would get the reference.

I guess I should have gone with it.
              You snooze, you lose!
              TTFN

Comment

You snooze, you lose!
                History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
                _________
                BoRG

Comment

Tina Fey as Liz Lemon in "30 Rock"
                  ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
                  IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Im also going with Special Agent Ziva David from NCIS.

I would have put Fiona Glenanne from Burn Notice in 2nd place but now shes off the list totally after she got her ass kicked by some lady she sucker punched

Another kick ass choice is Ranger Private Sidney Cook from Walker: Texas Ranger

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisF1987 View Post
                      Im also going with Special Agent Ziva David from NCIS.

I would have put Fiona Glenanne from Burn Notice in 2nd place but now shes off the list totally after she got her ass kicked by some lady she sucker punched

Another kick ass choice is Ranger Private Sidney Cook from Walker: Texas Ranger
                      My new second choice is FBI Agent Rachel Young on Eleventh Hour as portrayed by Marley Shelton. The concept of the show itself is interesting as well, its the only "cop" show that my wife will watch with me.
                      Lance W.

Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

I'm going to go classic (well old I guess is more appropiate) and nominate the prototype for all of the above, Emma Peel of The Avengers as portrayed by Diana Rigg back in the mid-60s.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X