Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I watched a fairly recent Japanese movie set in Malaya during 1942. Following a British counter-attack a small group of Japanese soldiers get separated from their division. They try to rejoin their fellows but any number of weird things happen - ghosts appear, compasses/radio communication fail - and for most of the movie they walk in circles pointing their rifles into the jungle. Finally they make it out and arrive in Kuala Lumpur - not the Kuala Lumpur of 1942 but that of 2005. It then starts to rain!. I missed the point. The movie title and summary promised so much and delivered nothing - what a waste.
    Last edited by apteryx; 09 Feb 09, 02:39.

Originally posted by apteryx View Post
    I watched a fairly recent Japanese movie set in Malaya during 1942. Following a British counter-attack a small group of Japanese soldiers get separated from their division. They try to rejoin their fellows but any number of weird things happen - ghosts appear, compasses/radio communication fail - and for most of the movie they walk in circles pointing their rifles into the jungle. Finally they make it out and arrive in Kuala Lumpur - not the Kuala Lumpur of 1942 but that of 2005. It then starts to rain!. I missed the point. The movie title and summary promised so much and delivered nothing - what a waste.
    Sounds like a loose remake of that American film where the aircraft carrier went back in tome to 1941 - kind of a Twilight Zone thing?
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Sounds like a loose remake of that American film where the aircraft carrier went back in tome to 1941 - kind of a Twilight Zone thing?
      The Final Countdown.

Time Travel stuff like that is fairly popular with the Japanese Right-Wing Nationalists from what I've read, IIRC there's a manga about a JSDF Destroyer which goes back to Midway and sinks the US fleet.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
      X