Lavastorm 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lavastorm 2008

I am sooooo ashamed that this crap was made in Canada.

But folks the bar has just been raised on how utterly IQ suckingly bad an end of the world type movie can be.

I couldn't stop watching it much like watching a train wreck.

No name actors, a budget that barely existed, and science so lame it makes your previous bad film suggestions look positively cerebral. Actually there was no evidence of any science at all really. No scientists, no public alarm.

In one scene you see a grand vista, lots of scenery and an urban centre in the distance. Then some romping in a mine for half an hour maybe, then they exist and apparently lava is everywhere and the urban center is gone?
    That's some damn peculiar lava.

Filmed with the idea it was about the family's inner relationship struggle so much so, that even though the world was coming to an end under lava, YOU NEVER SAW ANYONE ELSE in the movie.

The world comes to an end, and there's no one around?

I think my mind was damaged by this film.

And who is responsible for insisting that any end of the world film requires two f*****king teen age brats in dire need of a severe beating? Do film makers truly think we get off on that garbage?
    Life is change. Built models for decades.
    Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
    I didn't for a long time either.

Haven't seen it, but it sounds so bad I probably should. Was it as bad as the volcano in Los Angeles, or was it as bad as the day the core of the Earth stopped rotating? Or as bad as the "10.5" quake that ruined all of the model scenery in California and could only be stoped by...nukes!

It soujnds like that political koke of Lewis Blacks',where one senator stands up and shouts "I've got a really bad idea!" and another senator then stands up and shouts back "And I can make it sh***er!"
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Sadly it even surpasses The Core.

Then again MM, if you go into KNOWING in advance it will suck large from top to bottom and start to finish and you will have an urge to belt a teenager, you might be ok.

But have a reserve film handy, no point wasting the popcorn

Comment

Lavastorm 2008
        [Announcer voice]A SciFi channel original picture.[/Announcer voice]

Comment

Originally posted by the_redstar_swl View Post
          [Announcer voice]A SciFi channel original picture.[/Announcer voice]
          I reeeeeeeally need to just go with that view point and stop trusting that Scifi Channel can manage anything worth me time.

Comment

Yeah...the SciFi Channel dredges up some real stinkers. The majority fall into three distinct categories:

1. Average

2. Bad

3. You must be ****ing me!
            Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by les Brains View Post

But folks the bar has just been raised on how utterly IQ suckingly bad an end of the world type movie can be.

No name actors, a budget that barely existed, and science so lame it makes your previous bad film suggestions look positively cerebral. Actually there was no evidence of any science at all really. No scientists, no public alarm.

In one scene you see a grand vista, lots of scenery and an urban centre in the distance. Then some romping in a mine for half an hour maybe, then they exist and apparently lava is everywhere and the urban center is gone?

Filmed with the idea it was about the family's inner relationship struggle so much so, that even though the world was coming to an end under lava, YOU NEVER SAW ANYONE ELSE in the movie.

And who is responsible for insisting that any end of the world film requires two f*****king teen age brats in dire need of a severe beating? Do film makers truly think we get off on that garbage?
              Movies like this need to have a drinking game revolve around them with at least 10 people watching.......that or bring back MST3K!
              The muffled drums sad roll has beat the soldier's last tatoo. No more on life's parade shall meet that brave and fallen few.

Comment

Originally posted by les Brains View Post

The only thing I can say is, I'm glad it was you and not me!
                'By Horse by Tram'.

I was in when they needed 'em,not feeded 'em.
                " Youuu 'Orrible Lot!"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X