Russian film : Ninth Company

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russian film : Ninth Company

Apologies if it has been mentioned before, but I seached and couldnt come across anything.

I stumbled across the Russian fim 'The Ninth Company' a few years ago in the UK. Since I moved to Austria I have really regretted not buying it. Does anyone know if it is available on dvd with both English and Deutsch subtitles?

I have heard that it is a great film, albeit a tad inaccuarate.

Any help would be muchly appreciated

Cheers

I came across it at a DVD store a couple of months ago. Dunno if it's still available. Let me check.

You might want to come to Singapore for a holiday and pick up the DVD - it's nice and warm here!

Comment

It's super violent and sexual. I guess that's all you need for a movie, right?

Some people on amazon are selling it.

http://www.amazon.com/9-Rota-Devyata...597490&sr=8-10

There is an allright American movie about Soviets in Afghanistan from 1988 called "The Beast", from one of the makers of Red Dawn ironically.

It is very allegorical for the American Vietnam experience, with soldiers growing paranoid to near insanity, the Russian soldiers even speak American English.
      Last edited by Emil_G; 21 Jan 09, 22:14.

Comment

9 Rota isn't bad. A little hard to keep track of who is who for me, since they all looked the same with shaved heads and Emil I think you missed the point of The Beast of War
        And it's over the mountain and over the Main,
        Through Gibralter, to France and Spain.
        Pit a feather tae your bonnet, and a kilt aboon your knee,
        Enlist my bonnie laddie and come awa with me.

Comment

Originally posted by Tankboy View Post
          9 Rota isn't bad. A little hard to keep track of who is who for me, since they all looked the same with shaved heads and Emil I think you missed the point of The Beast of War
          Its basically from the blurb...

Comment

Thanks for all the replies.

I have heard that it is quite gory but that the soldiers that the film was based on were not too impressed by the lack of realism. Still I want that film! lol

I want it in both English and German subtitles as my Father in Law speaks no English and I think he would appreciate it too.

Comment

Originally posted by Anglopole View Post
              Apologies if it has been mentioned before, but I seached and couldnt come across anything.

I stumbled across the Russian fim 'The Ninth Company' a few years ago in the UK. Since I moved to Austria I have really regretted not buying it. Does anyone know if it is available on dvd with both English and Deutsch subtitles?

Any help would be muchly appreciated

Cheers
              I liked the film. It is inaccurate, bit more of a traditional action film. To be honest the AK and Hind was a welcome change from the M16 and Apache we see most of the time.

I have it on DVD and will check the subtitles.

Comment

BBC Trailer

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X