Preview for Paul - The Pacific HBO mini-series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paul Mann III View Post
    Well, then why don't some lof the Non-American types go make some high-quality war films and let Speilberg, Hanks, and Dye get some damn rest...?
    Ooh! the poor, poor luvies.
    ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
    All human ills he can subdue,
    Or with a bauble or medal
    Can win mans heart for you;
    And many a blessing know to stew
    To make a megloamaniac bright;
    Give honour to the dainty Corse,
    The Pixie is a little shite.

Comment

Originally posted by Dibble201Bty View Post

Ooh! the poor, poor luvies.
      Well, what then? Has some other country put out this quality of material? Or is on America to make everyones movies for them.

If you've got a complaint about the content of American war cinema, I suggest you start your own production company and prove you're better than these guys.
      "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by Boonierat View Post
        Very realistic portrayal of the jungle combat environment.

I'm glad that it didn't shy away from an accurate portrayal of the barbarity of the Imperial Japanese Army.

Comment

Well, what then? Has some other country put out this quality of material? Or is on America to make everyones movies for them.

If you've got a complaint about the content of American war cinema, I suggest you start your own production company and prove you're better than these guys.
          Ill start auditioning tomorrow
          ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
          All human ills he can subdue,
          Or with a bauble or medal
          Can win mans heart for you;
          And many a blessing know to stew
          To make a megloamaniac bright;
          Give honour to the dainty Corse,
          The Pixie is a little shite.

Comment

Has anyone seen the German version of 'Operation Valkyrie?' I thought it was quite good!
            'By Horse by Tram'.

I was in when they needed 'em,not feeded 'em.
            " Youuu 'Orrible Lot!"

Comment

DVD Regions

Hi Paul
              The problem is not that "the other Countries" don't have any good quality movies, actually they do have them. They are just not being marketed as they could have been. Perhaps there is a reason, that Hollywood has divided
              the world into 6 Regions. DVD & VHS player in any of those regions are being coded to play only their region.
              So Hollywood does not want to market them in America, because they decide that the audience here in the US and Canada might not be interested
              in them.
              But as you know, the Marketing Companies can hype up any crappie movie
              and turn it into a box office hit. But it has to be their american crappy movie.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X