BSG is now playing again at last.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BSG is now playing again at last.

So the long awaited finish of the concluding season is here.

Show number 11 has some interesting moments, and frankly I was not prepared for where the show is going (some of us don't hunt the web for spoilers ).

All in all I am looking forward to the conclusion. I suspect I will want the series on dvd when it is all said and done. I think the series has been grittier, has been more human, has gone places others shows don't have the guts to go and has been entertaining.

Yeah it hasn't been perfect, but what is out there eh.
    Life is change. Built models for decades.
    Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
    I didn't for a long time either.

The original Battlestar Galatica?

Comment

Originally posted by Ogukuo72 View Post
      The original Battlestar Galatica?
      Ahhh that would be a no

Comment

Yep, and it's still the best show on TV, IMHO.
        Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

Comment

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed the mini-series and the first season or so. But then somewhere along the way it went off the rails for me, both of us really (the boxing episode perhaps?).

Anyhow the "Space" channel up here had a BSG marathon last Friday, and due to a celebration on Thursday I was able to spend all Friday doing nothing. (In fact I couldn't have done anything had I tried ). The marathon was the last 9 episodes of last season and the first of the new one.

I very much enjoyed the arc. I made my wife watch the first episode of the new season at a re-run time, and we are now both eagerly awaiting the rest of the final season.
          Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics.

Comment

Maybe it's the constant mystery of who is the first, second, third, fourth, fifth, etc. of the Final Five! [Uuuuuu! I couldn't have guessed that he/she is a Cylon!]

Maybe everyone will wake up one day and discover that actually everyone is a Cylon and it was all a programmed dream.

Comment

Yes, the person designated as the 5th was quite a surprise!

I am beginning to think you are right, humans and cylons are either the same or somehow have a common ancestor.
              Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics.

Comment

I've been reading on another forum all manner of involved speculations and interpretations of the details of the show.

My first impression is 'good grief, can't you just enjoy watching a show?' hehe.

The show has given us no small amount of reasons for speculating though. And really, that's part of the show's charm, nothing is cut and dried. You come away from the show with a bit of extra.

One thing that constantly seems missing in the speculation of who is and isn't Cylon, is what exactly is a human? Remember, it's a show and is NOT required to adhere to real world mythology and dogma.

I try to watch it knowing they might be making a lot of interesting statements perhaps so obvious people miss them and look for something else.

Comment

Hehe ... that is also another sign of ... haphazard script-writing! Or jumping the shark!

Comment

So far, the surprises just keep jumping out, along with some really bad technical errors, unfortunately, such as looking at a burn mark on a wall and "knowing" it was you - two thousand years ago.

Of course, we wait anxiously for the denouement - if the Cylons were the original creators of Earth, then who destroyed Earth and where did they come form? Those paradoxes are tricky stuff.

And isn't the "two thousand" year period interesting...the same as the time modern religion has been in existence, while the Colonists still practice polytheism. I sense another surprise lurking somewhere.

Great series, though, head and shoulders above anything else except possibly Lost.
                    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

I did not expect what happened. However given the first half of the 4th season starting with a character's death I suppose I should have.

What I expect to happen is that over the course of the next episodes, all the factions will kill each other off (including the non rebel cyclons) and a handful of human and cylon survivors will be forced to live on earth.

The end will be a revelation that all humans alive today are actually descendants of human/cylon half breeds.

Comment

Originally posted by AdrianE View Post
                        I did not expect what happened. However given the first half of the 4th season starting with a character's death I suppose I should have.

What I expect to happen is that over the course of the next episodes, all the factions will kill each other off (including the non rebel cyclons) and a handful of human and cylon survivors will be forced to live on earth.

The end will be a revelation that all humans alive today are actually descendants of human/cylon half breeds.
                        To be honest, that would please me.

Comment

Originally posted by AdrianE View Post

I think you may be right; however, that will not explain the story line very well.
                          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                            I think you may be right; however, that will not explain the story line very well.
                            MM expects all writers can write equally well

Comment

Like all long-surviving series, BSG is becoming very long in the tooth. This is why the script writers keep trying to revive interest and hook the audience with twists, jumping the sharks etc. Like Lost. And Prison Break. [But not like Heroes, I have high hopes for it yet!]

Maybe someone will be merciful and put this animal down like Prison Break.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X