No announcement yet.

'The Pacific' to be released this year!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'The Pacific' to be released this year!

Oh my God! I just saw the preview for The Pacific on Channel Seven just after the New Year's fireworks for its preview of shows for 2009 and it was so freaking cool! They showed the assault on Peleliu and followed Eugene B. Sledge. The scene follows everything in the book and was so captivating! It looks so freaking good! Trust me, it will meet your expectations. I'll go through the scene.

Firstly, they are in a amtrac preparing to storm the beach and you see Eugene B. Sledge and his fellow Marines. Suddenly Sergeant Marmet screams out 'Here we go, boys!' and you get a POV of the amtrac going down in to the water. It then goes 'executive produced by Steven Speilberg and Tom Hanks and filmed in Australia'. We then see that the sky is clear blue and the water too. It then shows the amtrac going in a long shot and a LST firing rockets on the beach. There are LVCPs, DUKWs and amtracs everywhere and we join the men on Eugene B. Sledge's amtrac again. They start taking fire and the Marines take cover. A group of plans fly over to attack the beach and we see the face of Eugene B. Sledge. The .50s on the amtrac then go crazy and we see the beach in the distance with muzzle flashes and arty and mortars. The Marines are struggling up the beach and then Sledge's amtrac reaches the beach and he jumps off into the sand. Bullets are ricoheting all about and we see the beach full of Marines taking cover and struggling to establish a beachhead. Eugene B. Sledge then dodges from cover to cover and the preview finishes with a voice over saying 'the battle that saved Australia' (inaccurate how Peleliu has anything to do with that but what the hell!')

Can't freaking wait! The wait is going to be over soon and finally people will be more interested in the Pacific Theatre and more recognition will go into the horrific casualties at Peleliu.

Link! Link! It starts at 2 minutes and 57 seconds!

http://whatsonthetube.net/2009/01/01...n-%E2%80%9909/
    Last edited by Kittikhun; 01 Jan 09, 03:00.

Thanks for posting that. It looks like its going to be good!

Comment

Originally posted by Kittikhun View Post
      Oh my God! I just saw the preview for The Pacific on Channel Seven just after the New Year's fireworks for its preview of shows for 2009 and it was so freaking cool! They showed the assault on Peleliu and followed Eugene B. Sledge. The scene follows everything in the book and was so captivating! It looks so freaking good! Trust me, it will meet your expectations. I'll go through the scene.

Firstly, they are in a amtrac preparing to storm the beach and you see Eugene B. Sledge and his fellow Marines. Suddenly Sergeant Marmet screams out 'Here we go, boys!' and you get a POV of the amtrac going down in to the water. It then goes 'executive produced by Steven Speilberg and Tom Hanks and filmed in Australia'. We then see that the sky is clear blue and the water too. It then shows the amtrac going in a long shot and a LST firing rockets on the beach. There are LVCPs, DUKWs and amtracs everywhere and we join the men on Eugene B. Sledge's amtrac again. They start taking fire and the Marines take cover. A group of plans fly over to attack the beach and we see the face of Eugene B. Sledge. The .50s on the amtrac then go crazy and we see the beach in the distance with muzzle flashes and arty and mortars. The Marines are struggling up the beach and then Sledge's amtrac reaches the beach and he jumps off into the sand. Bullets are ricoheting all about and we see the beach full of Marines taking cover and struggling to establish a beachhead. Eugene B. Sledge then dodges from cover to cover and the preview finishes with a voice over saying 'the battle that saved Australia' (inaccurate how Peleliu has anything to do with that but what the hell!')

Can't freaking wait! The wait is going to be over soon and finally people will be more interested in the Pacific Theatre and more recognition will go into the horrific casualties at Peleliu.

Link! Link! It starts at 2 minutes and 57 seconds!

http://whatsonthetube.net/2009/01/01...n-%E2%80%9909/
      Sounds quite realistic, but will reserve my opinions until I get a basinfull of it!
      'By Horse by Tram'.

I was in when they needed 'em,not feeded 'em.
      " Youuu 'Orrible Lot!"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
      X