No announcement yet.

Flyboys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am in total agreement with fighting mick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    'where da potato at?'
    The Irishman said during the 1845 potato famine

Comment

[
      QUOTE=lufttiger;1079885]Well i for one really enjoyed Flyboys, you can't go into these movies
      thinking your going to watch a documentary or something thats 100%
      accurate. These are strictly for entertainment and are supposed to be fun
      to watch.
      [/QUOTE]

ok then ..........i see your point that you watched the film for pure enjoyment ............correct ? ie .....leave your brain at the door!

But my point has still not been answered why do most American films (which i admit are ONLY!!!!! made for Americans to watch anyway) portray themselves as being super, great wonder people that have the God given right to do what ever they like when they like and everybody else are mere sterotypes of what Americans think they are ! ...............if there are some Americans who can answer this then please do ?
      FOR ITS ALLWAYS TO BE SEEN THE SHAMROCK AND THE GREEN IN FRONT OF THE THIN RED LINE

Comment

This is a thread concerning the movie "Flyboys", and your comments about...the utter horse that you're going on about doesn't belong here. If you've got something against Americans, keep it to your self and off of these forums.

I've only wasted my time posting in this thread to prevent you from keeping this up and getting one of the Moderators and Admins to waste their time to remind you to keep your..."Mick" temper down.

-Keeping a level head,
        Alexander

Comment

I enjoyed Flyboys for what it is: an entertainment vehicle using history as a basis for a good story.

The viewer has the right to question the authenticity of the film and the interpretation of the history involved. In my opinion, this is actually a good result of many of these films. Someone may see the film, fall in love with various historical aspects of such film, and turn to actual history books and other sources and expand their love of flying.

We must admit that we who use this forum are not the average film viewer in regards to historical aspect. Many of you may be familiar with the term "Fan-Boys", which is ironically appropriate with the title of this film. We who may squabble over uniform colours and false rank insignia, or incorrect paint schemes on 1917, instead of 1916 aircraft, are not who this film is made for!

I enjoyed the film for it's visual effects (looks great on my HD-DVD in my home theater) and an interesting story line. Yes, some characters were composites or stereotypes, but they did a good job of humanizing the various motivators of the men involved.

I think that the Wiki on this movie does a great job of portraying the Pros/Cons of Flyboys.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flyboys

And I, for one, was glad that they at lest used the correct plane for the Escadrille!

The Nieuport 17 was a good plane. I also think that the French had some of the best planes in the war! Sopwiths and Fokkers included.

PS: Mick, you may take some enjoyment from the fact that the makers of the film did not recoup their initial investment back from this escapade.
          History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
          _________
          BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Mick View Post
            [
            ok then ..........i see your point that you watched the film for pure enjoyment ............correct ? ie .....leave your brain at the door!

But my point has still not been answered why do most American films (which i admit are ONLY!!!!! made for Americans to watch anyway) portray themselves as being super, great wonder people that have the God given right to do what ever they like when they like and everybody else are mere sterotypes of what Americans think they are ! ...............if there are some Americans who can answer this then please do ?[/QUOTE]

because we are and we can

Comment

oh i see !

well as this is an American forum for ultra right wing American views i get your point !

Freedom to speak your views ????
              FOR ITS ALLWAYS TO BE SEEN THE SHAMROCK AND THE GREEN IN FRONT OF THE THIN RED LINE

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X