Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw Australia yesterday. The story occassionally narrated by the boy in the film was probably the best technical decision. Way too much CGI for scenery and the various storylines had me thinking it was at its conclusion more than once.
    I got home and Lawrence of Arabia was on TV in widescreen. The best panoramic scenery shots of any film and no CGI and it simply reinforced my thoughts that modern directors are out of ideas and don't want to leave the studio.

Comment

Originally posted by Torien View Post
      Wife made me watch Mamma Mia! , it wasn't completely horrible.
      Originally posted by Biscuit View Post
      Oh come one! It was good and made you smile!

I watched I Am Legend tonight. It was good!
      I know. I'm still singing Dancing Queen in my head 24 hours later!
      History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
      _________
      BoRG

Comment

"Do you like your new weapon? It's wonderful...Try it on yourselves, not others. I told you, this tank reacts to impulses of fear. Try not to think of danger. The machine can read your thoughts..."

Comment

Originally posted by Torien View Post
          Wife made me watch Mamma Mia! , it wasn't completely horrible.
          The things we suffer for our wives!

Comment

"Traitor" with Don Cheatle. Really Good.
            Best regards, Hufflepuff

Comment

Originally posted by Hufflepuff44 View Post

"Traitor" with Don Cheatle. Really Good.
              It's Cheadle...,

And he's one damn fine actor. In Colors he was great as a gangbanger leader, in The Rat Pack he killed as Sammy Davis Jr., and in Traffic he stole the scene every time he was on. And that's just a taste of his talent.

He should play Obama, but the part is already going to Will Smith...
              "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by Legate View Post
                Just saw these three this week;

The Day the Earth stood still-garbage,don't waste your time
                Stepbrothers-not as good as Talledega Nights,but it is a fun one.
                The Mummy 3(4?)-not a bad film,great action and is a worthy sequel.
                My wife and I were on holidays last month, and the people we stayed with wanted us to watch Stepbrothers with them, I was glad to see the credits... hardly laughed during the film.
                "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
                Ernest Hemingway.

Comment

Dreams - an Akira Kurosawa movie. 8 stories in one - I found the first creepy (and enjoyable), the second passable and the rest forgetable. I once met a Japanese ophthalmologist who said she didn't understand Kurosawa. Maybe I don't either. Still, in a weird way - worth the watch.

Comment

I watched one yesterday with the wife and granddaughter. It hi lite Australian Dentistry.

Title

Looking for Nemo

HP
                    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

youíre entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by apteryx View Post
                      Dreams - an Akira Kurosawa movie. 8 stories in one - I found the first creepy (and enjoyable), the second passable and the rest forgetable. I once met a Japanese ophthalmologist who said she didn't understand Kurosawa. Maybe I don't either. Still, in a weird way - worth the watch.
                      But wasn't it beautiful?
                      History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
                      _________
                      BoRG

Comment

I watched a DVD of 'The Abyss, the directors cut' it made more sense than the original version I saw years ago. I find it a fascinating film, and rarely a dull moment. They capture the depth of the trench wonderfully.
                        "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
                        Ernest Hemingway.

Comment

The Mummy 3 - Tomb of the Dragon Emperor
                          Traitor
                          Chronicles of Narnia - Prince Caspian

Mummy was good mindless fun. Loved it when the yeti made an extra point with a Chinese soldier.

Traitor was as good as I expected, with Don Cheadle and a strong supporting cast.

Caspian was a bit disappointing, not as good as the first one, I felt.
                          All questions are valid, all answers are tentative.

Comment

"There Will Be Blood" - (dvd) I don't have to worry about wanting to see it again. I think the guy may have been a relative of Dick Cheney.
                            www.writersamuseme.com/stevepark.htm#878116944

Comment

Comment

I drink your milkshake! I driknk it up!!!

Originally posted by steve park View Post

"There Will Be Blood" - (dvd) I don't have to worry about wanting to see it again. I think the guy may have been a relative of Dick Cheney.
                                I really liked There Will Be Blood.

The ending was sweet!
                                "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X