This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A great one...

"Fargo" on TV - so funny, in a dark way of course.
    www.writersamuseme.com/stevepark.htm#878116944

Comment

"In the Valley of Elah" on DVD, plot of returning soldier from Iraq.

Steve

Comment

Mongol - epic drama on the Mongolian steppes. Well worth watching.

Comment

Originally posted by steve park View Post
          "In the Valley of Elah" on DVD, plot of returning soldier from Iraq.

Steve
          How was that? I see all these Iraq movies and assume they are anti-war.

Comment

Originally posted by Biscuit View Post
            How was that? I see all these Iraq movies and assume they are anti-war.
            This would come under the same heading Biscuit. I generally like Tommy Lee Jones in things and he played a retired Army MP investigator who's son just returned form Iraq. Sarandon had a small but good role, Charlize Theron was the weakest I thought but didn't wear make-up, a plus.

I thought the details in the plot at least offered something new. Of course these movies always have to take a worst case situation for the story, of an "average" soldier, not super secret, special ops, best of the Seals, Ramboesque characterization.

I am glad I saw it but would not care to see it again. Bear in mind, I usually don't watch as a movie critic. Steve

Comment

I took my youngest son to see City of Ember, it was all right.
              War is less costly than servitude

Comment

The Battleship Potemkin.

"Do you like your new weapon? It's wonderful...Try it on yourselves, not others. I told you, this tank reacts to impulses of fear. Try not to think of danger. The machine can read your thoughts..."

Comment

I just watched this last night after recommendations by the Napoleonic Forum.

Very good film. Highly recommend it.!
                  History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
                  _________
                  BoRG

Comment

Saw Yes man last night. couldn't stop laughing.
                    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

Speaking of movies and the Middle East, has anyone watched "The Kingdom"? I thought it was quite good, particularly the ending.
                      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Shikoku - Japanese horror flick. A mother goes on a pilgrimage - in order to bring back to life - her dead daughter. Some weak parts but generally pretty good.

Comment

Wife made me watch Mamma Mia! , it wasn't completely horrible.
                          History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
                          _________
                          BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by Torien View Post
                            Wife made me watch Mamma Mia! , it wasn't completely horrible.
                            Oh come one! It was good and made you smile!

I watched I Am Legend tonight. It was good!

Comment

Captain Dye strikes again!!!

Tropic Thunder

On a side note, this thread might be genius, considering the success of the "What are you currently reading" thread.
                              "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

Just saw these three this week;

The Day the Earth stood still-garbage,don't waste your time
                                Stepbrothers-not as good as Talledega Nights,but it is a fun one.
                                The Mummy 3(4?)-not a bad film,great action and is a worthy sequel.
                                If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X