• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peter Rabbit
    "To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

Comment

• Originally posted by Snowshoveler View Post
      The Founder.
      Good thing someone had the ambition to make McDonalds a chain restaurant even if was sleazy.
      The Big Mac and their fries are the best.
      You must be very young! I can remember when the French fries used a different oil and were good tasting. That was over 45 years ago. They changed oil to cut calories and now cold Fries taste like cardboard. Don't get me started on Quarterpounders and Big Macs.

Pruitt
      Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

• Avengers: Infinity War

Good movie.

I enjoyed the fight scene in Scotland (Trying not to spoil anything for those who haven t seen the movie yet.)

I expected more from the Guardians of the Galaxy...Good play with the Hulk and Bruce Banner characters.

Although I enjoyed the movie,I still feel I left the movie a "bit empty", or cheated...

Comment

• Sword Art Online: Ordinal Scale. It's an anime based on the original SAO series. Not a bad extension of the series in a movie. It was English dubbed rather than captioned.

Comment

• Originally posted by Surrey View Post
            Peter Rabbit
            The wife loves animal movies so I was forced to watch it... There's a couple of hours of my life I'll never get back.

Comment

• Deadpool 2. Good flick. Mighty entertaining. Might go see it again sometime soon.
              The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

• Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

The wife loves animal movies so I was forced to watch it... There's a couple of hours of my life I'll never get back.
                I feel your pain!!

Comment

• Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

The wife thought it would be a good film to take our three year old to.....
                  "To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

Comment

• Originally posted by Surrey View Post

The wife thought it would be a good film to take our three year old to.....
                    Not a good choice for that. A bit violent for a three-year-old, but then the child is young enough not to notice most likely.

Comment

• Patriots day
                      Didn't know how violent it was to take them down.

Comment

• Took the grandkids to The Inedibles… err The Incredibles 2.

If you're planning to go there's a bit of spoiler in this, so you were warned.

It's the lady's turn this time. Elastagirl, Violet, and a new super, Vox are showcased. Mr. Incredible, Dash, and Frozone are playing second fiddle to the girls. That's not a bad thing. It develops the characters more.

Jack-Jack the baby provides a number of scenes of comic relief. "Don't shoot the baby's lasers in the house!" (Jack-Jack has powerful lasers in his eyes)… Edna the fashion designer of their super suits makes an appearance that doesn't add much to the movie on the whole.

The bad guy and rich corporate types reminded me too much of that awful movie Hudson Hawk. The bad guy was too obvious and you kind of knew before the reveal who the bad guy was, not like "Buddy" who morphed into Syndrome.

It starts out where the last movie left off, and you get to see the results of that.

There is also the same sort of family drama and angst going on as last time.

On the whole, it isn't a bad sequel, but it isn't great either and I think the first one was better.

Comment

• Just watched Zodiac, a 2012 Jackie Chan chopsaki movie. Very funny and his stunts are impeccable as usual.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHFDfN6NXSo

Last edited by Bwaha; 17 Jun 18, 22:26.
                          Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

• "Paul Apostle of Christ"

MV5BMWRkYTQ4Nzct[email protected]._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Comment

• The Kings Choice https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_King%27s_Choice

I came across this on Netflix. I'm not sure of the total historical accuracy of it, but it does seem to stay to the facts as much as possible. My only real problem with it was the sub-titles...I hate sub-titled movies. Having said that, I did watch it to the end, and then watched it again. For me to watch a sub-titled movie twice, says something about the movie. The only other sub-titled movie I watched twice was Letters from Iwo Jima. I'm not saying that Kings Choice is in that category of movie, but still worth the watching.

Kings-Choice.jpg

Comment

• Spaceballs.
                                It was much funnier when it came out a lot of the jokes were dated but it's still funny today.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X