Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

• We're No Angels, a "Bogie" comedy.
      "I have never known a combat soldier who did not show a residue of war." --Sergeant Ed Stewart, 84th Division, US Army, WWII

Comment

• Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

• Theeb

A Jordanian movie set in WW1 about a Bedouin boy (Theeb) who guides a British officer on a secret mission through the desert.

BoRG

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.

Comment

• Originally posted by R. Evans View Post
            I got Arrival on DVD and it's not bad, and after another dozen watchings I might even be able to get a clue as to what it's all about..

Comment

• Okay,

I saw the Justice League through on-demand video a week ago or so. For some reasons, I actually enjoyed the movie. I wish they could fresh out the characters of Aquaman and Flesh a bit more, I think they don't get enough screen time doing things other than fighting the bad guy.

Not bad, but not good as Thor: Ragnarok.

Finally, on Thor: Ragnarok, I got a chance to watch it, and man, it was a great movie! Funny as hell, not good as Guardians of Galaxy Vol. 2. Liked it a lot.
              Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

• Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
                Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Comment

• Last night I watched Suicide Squad and The Bat.
                  "I have never known a combat soldier who did not show a residue of war." --Sergeant Ed Stewart, 84th Division, US Army, WWII

Comment

• I saw Black Panther the other day. I have mixed emotions about it, even given every movie reviewer from the New York Times to Youtube is falling all over themselves to lavish praise on the film.

Comment

• Hacksaw Ridge.
                      Great story about a true hero.

Comment

• I went to see Black Panther. I was happy to turn my mind off for a couple of hours and enjoyed the story line.

I was a bit disappointed by the Marvel tease at the very end of the credits.

Comment

• Deathwish it was great worth seeing.

Comment

• Alien Covenant
                            It's a good sequel to Prometheus the last half of the movie is when it gets really good and there's going to be another sequel based mostly on the androids and artificial intelligence.

Comment

• "Uthred, Son of Uhtred" series!

Bought myself the DVDs of Seasons 1 & 2 of "The Last Kingdom" and watch the whole 16 episodes (and bonus videos) over the weekend.

It is based on Bernard Cornwell series of the same name.

Great story. Great acting. Great fight scenes. Great scenery. Even as a fictional story, it has paid great attention to historical details...Ok! You get it -I thought the series was Great! (It certainly lives up to a series surrounding Alfred the Great - Pun intended!)

Hopefully there will be a Season 3.
                              Last edited by Capt AFB; 09 Apr 18, 12:52.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martok View Post
                                I saw Black Panther the other day. I have mixed emotions about it, ...
                                Same with me. I too finally watched Black Panther and it was a really good action pic. Not the best thing that Marvel has done, that's still Winter Soldier, but still one of the better ones.

Comment

Working...
                                X