Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally watched "Sully" last night on the Movie Channel. Good movie with Tom Hanks.

I went to see "Darkest Hour" earlier in the day at the movie theatre.

Two good movies in one day.

Comment

• Saw Kidnap now that is is on DVD, and I was very impressed.

Okay, I'll watch anything that Hallie Berry is in, but this one was served by her presence instead of serving her... seriously, she must have been absolutely exhausted by the time they wrapped it up.

This is a real-time movie, often the best kind and this one shows why; a mother sees her son being kidnapped and pursues the car that took him away... without her Smartie-Phone.

No Mary Jane, she makes some bad mistakes, but she never gives up.
      That is what makes the difference in the end.

Full marks.

One thing; if sudden and violent car crashes disturb you, this one ain't for you. There are a couple that seem to come right out thin air, kinda like the real thing.
      If this had been in 3-D...
      "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• Yesterday I watched:
        1. The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
        2. The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
        3. The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies
        4. The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
        5. The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
        6. The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King

I highly recommend that Tolkien fans watch the movies in the order above. I enjoyed the films immensely.

Edit: Duplicate entry corrected, full titles added.
        Last edited by Greybriar; 21 Jan 18, 23:43.
        "I have never known a combat soldier who did not show a residue of war." --Sergeant Ed Stewart, 84th Division, US Army, WWII

Comment

• Men of the Fighting Lady (1954)

Comment

• Expelled From Paradise. (on Netflix):

Watch on-line free here:

https://www.watchcartoononline.com/e...english-dubbed

She's the snotty know-it-all, he's a mellow version of Clint Eastwood.

Comment

• The last anime I watched was Cowboy Bebop, the steel string was epic. Gr8 music.

Hilarious show also.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cowboy_Bebop
              Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

• Originally posted by Greybriar View Post
                Yesterday I watched:
                1. The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
                2. The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
                3. The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies
                4. The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
                5. The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
                6. The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King

I highly recommend that Tolkien fans watch the movies in the order above. I enjoyed the films immensely.

Edit: Duplicate entry corrected, full titles added.
                If you are a Tolkien fan then you most definitely would not enjoy Peter Jackson's movies...especially those with the word "Hobbit" in them.

Tuebor

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuebor View Post
                  If you are a Tolkien fan then you most definitely would not enjoy Peter Jackson's movies...especially those with the word "Hobbit" in them.

Tuebor
                  But I did enjoy them. I guess I am not as hard to please as some people.
                  "I have never known a combat soldier who did not show a residue of war." --Sergeant Ed Stewart, 84th Division, US Army, WWII

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuebor View Post

Tuebor
                    Yep. Pretty much. Though they tended to have some fairly good parts in them.
                    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, it is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed. The hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion

Comment

• Hidden Figures

Watched it by accident last Sunday, simply to spend time with my missus.

A film of 4 parts.

The first is a love story, which I found boring.

The second is about sending a country's first astronaut into space, and this was where the special effects budget went, plus historical film use as well. This was excellent.

The third was about racism and sexism. I still cannot believe how rampant this was when I was born. The film really dealt with this issue in a really intelligent way. When race stopped becoming a barrier, the wrong sex was the next excuse. The method the film used to showcase the actors successes was not down to sex or race, but down to IQ.

The fourth was about achieving, despite your background.

Loved the film, because it was not in your face liberal, but in your face about humanity.
                      How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
                      Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

• Godfather III.

I gave it another watch after 20 years and it still stinks compared to the first 2.
                        Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

• Just realized that the last movie I've seen at this time is The Last Jedi. And now I'm leaving the country this weekend for a trip to Mexico. I'd really hate for that to be the last movie I ever see...

I'll have to find something to watch tonight now. Something outstanding.
                          The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

• King of New York

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099939/

Comment

• Last night I watched Exodus. All 3 hours and 28 minutes of it. But I did enjoy it, as I do most movies with Paul Newman in them.

Comment

• The Cloverfield Paradox. It passed the time but not great.
                                Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X