Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last evening I watched Ace in the Hole starring Kirk Douglas. I recommend it.
    "I have never known a combat soldier who did not show a residue of war." --Sergeant Ed Stewart, 84th Division, US Army, WWII

Comment

• Frantz

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5029608/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
      "Keep Calm. Use Less X's"

Comment

• Death of Stalin

Very good, very funny.

Great touch was to have the actors talking in their regional/common accents. It made Beria's RP seem even creepier.
        Jason Isaacs as a belligerent Georgy Zhukov stole it.

Comment

• Watched the Dark Tower. It's okay. As a non-King watcher, I liked the premise and action that went with it. But I'm sure for King fans, they probably hated the movie.

Next is Baby Driver.....
          Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

• The last movie I watched was War of the Worlds starring Tom Cruise and Dakota Fanning. I thought it was very appropriate for Halloween week.
            "I have never known a combat soldier who did not show a residue of war." --Sergeant Ed Stewart, 84th Division, US Army, WWII

Comment

• The Hateful 8.

And I wish I hadn't wasted the almost 3 hours.
              Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

• I found Jennifer Jason Leigh to be a Hoot is the Hateful 8.

Pruitt
                Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

• I just finished watching The Bishop's Wife starring Cary Grant, Loretta Young, and David Niven. It is a charming story that I had missed seeing until now. If anyone is looking for a movie to watch during the holiday season, I suggest they watch this one--it's perfect for Christmas.

Comment

• One film I wish I'd watched was 'Premonition' (2007) starring Sandra Bullock, it was on Brit TV earlier this year. The writeup didn't sound too hot so I sat down to watch it from about halfway through and found that it held my interest pretty good as it was a paranormal/psychological thriller (I think).
                    Basically a woman's husband is killed in a car crash, but when she comes down next morning he's in the kitchen making toast or something as usual, then later he's dead again, then later he's alive again in a series of "time-slips" (I think).
                    When it's on TV again I'll watch it from the start..

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0477071/

Comment

• Cure for Wellness.
                      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

• Originally posted by Poor Old Spike View Post
                        One film I wish I'd watched was 'Premonition' (2007) starring Sandra Bullock, it was on Brit TV earlier this year. The writeup didn't sound too hot so I sat down to watch it from about halfway through and found that it held my interest pretty good as it was a paranormal/psychological thriller (I think).
                        Basically a woman's husband is killed in a car crash, but when she comes down next morning he's in the kitchen making toast or something as usual, then later he's dead again, then later he's alive again in a series of "time-slips" (I think).

Do...it's well worth it.
                        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

• Originally posted by Poor Old Spike View Post
                          One film I wish I'd watched was 'Premonition' (2007) starring Sandra Bullock, it was on Brit TV earlier this year. The writeup didn't sound too hot so I sat down to watch it from about halfway through and found that it held my interest pretty good as it was a paranormal/psychological thriller (I think).

I've placed an order for it. Thanks for the suggestion!

Cure for Wellness sounds good, too. Thanks, Mountain Man.

Comment

• For many years I made a fool of myself by not watching 'Scent of a Woman' (1992) because the title sounded stupid and put me off, but when it was on Brit TV earlier this year I decided to give it a glance and was straightaway hooked by Pacino's grumpy powerful character..
                            However a couple of things stuck in my craw like when blind Pacino drove a high-performance car at speed, relying on O'Donnel to tell him when to turn left and right, that was a bit unbelievable.
                            I also couldn't swallow the fact that after some students pranked a college principal, he launched a massive investigation and court of inquiry to find out who did it, instead of just laughing it off.
                            But overall the film was entertaining..

Comment

• Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

• 'Thor: Ragnarok'

A fun and harmless little romp for a couple of hours.
                                Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X