X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new one.

Pruitt
    Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

• Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
      Went and saw Blade Runner today, it was okay.

Pruitt
      Just saw it yesterday and have to agree, "okay". Continues the dystopian vision of the first and a sort of engaging plot, but think this is close to closed topic, even though it ends in a way that could suggest another storyline to continue. If there is a third, I'd suggest they have it "off world" and maybe have the next "Blade Runner" happen more in inter-planetary space and on those "off world" planets and moons.

Comment

• I watched 'A Few Good Men' again on TV the other day but as always I could never understand why there was so much importance attached to whether Nicholson ordered a code red or not, I just didn't CARE..

Comment

• The two Marines accused of doing the code red said they were ordered to do it by higher officers. The higher officers lied about ordering it. The two enlisted men should not have been charged with murder if they were following orders.

What it boiled down to to me was a code red was an illegal order and it should have been refused. Officers who issue illegal orders should be kicked out of the service and serve jail time.

Pruitt
          Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

• Transsiberia Express (2008) with Woody Harrison

Good thriller (drug smuggle) and characters (who can be trusted?)
            with interesting setting (train through wintery Siberia)
            but quite russophobic and not a single sympathetic Russian.
            BoRG

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.

Comment

• Originally posted by jeffdoorgunnr View Post
              Probably the most perfect example of the book being 100times better than the movie...............
              But not always the case. The Ten Commandments with Charlton Heston was significantly more entertaining than the book...

Comment

• Originally posted by Skoblin View Post
                But not always the case. The Ten Commandments with Charlton Heston was significantly more entertaining than the book...
                Sharp!
                BoRG

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.

Comment

• Originally posted by Colonel Sennef View Post
                  Sharp!
                  Or Richard Sharpe ???
                  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharpe_(novel_series)

Comment

• Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
                    Indeed another example where the book was better than the movie.
                    BoRG

Comment

Indeed another example where the book was better than the movie.
                      Given out too much rep in past 24 hours ... wait ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
                        The two Marines accused of doing the code red said they were ordered to do it by higher officers. The higher officers lied about ordering it. The two enlisted men should not have been charged with murder if they were following orders...
                        Thanks, I'll pay closer attention the next time I watch The Few Good Men. The impression I got previously was that the two men were refusing to give straight answers to straight questions, as if they were in a dilemma and felt honor-bound to protect the officers who gave them the illegal order.
                        In fact I've forgot what the code red order was, I'm sure Nicholson never ordered a murder so it must have just been an unfortunate accident.

Comment

[re Sharpe] Indeed another example where the book was better than the movie.
                          Yes and I'd also nominate Lord of the Rings, I was spellbound when I first read it 40 years ago, but the movie seemed flat, boring and lacking in atmosphere by comparison.
                          It's because books paint pictures on the inside of our skulls that can't be beat..

Comment

• Originally posted by Poor Old Spike View Post
                            Yes and I'd also nominate Lord of the Rings, I was spellbound when I first read it 40 years ago, but the movie seemed flat, boring and lacking in atmosphere by comparison.
                            It's because books paint pictures on the inside of our skulls that can't be beat..
                            A book engages your imagination which only grows as your horizons expand. A film shows you someone else's imagination.
                            Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

• Originally posted by GCoyote View Post
                              A book engages your imagination which only grows as your horizons expand. A film shows you someone else's imagination.
                              Bingo. More imiginations in play by readers than film director.

Comment

• Love books, you can read them just about any where and read passages more that once, if needed.

Two books that imo came out as better movies was Last of the Mohicans and Dances With Wolves. Hard to believe that LotM was made back in 92.
                                The filming and the music score did it.
                                "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X