This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Twelve O'Clock High' (1949)

Watching the classic movie: 'Twelve O'Clock High' (1949).

Great B/W WW2 movie about leadership. Tough group commander Gregory Peck restores the broken morale of a hard-luck bomber squadron.

Air battle scenes at the end are authentic and great!
    BoRG

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.

Comment

• Originally posted by Colonel Sennef View Post
      Watching the classic movie: 'Twelve O'Clock High' (1949).

Great B/W WW2 movie about leadership. Tough group commander Gregory Peck restores the broken morale of a hard-luck bomber squadron.

Air battle scenes at the end are authentic and great!
      Agreed !
      How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
      Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post
        Agreed !
        Thnx Nick.
        I use this place to remind and be reminded of golden oldies
        and screen the new flicks.
        BoRG

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.

Comment

• If we're doing the theater/big screen; "Alien Covenant". Deja vus of number one and two flicks, somewhat ok tie-in to Prometheus, lots of shock and gore. A few plot and "science" glitches. Entertaining, somewhat suspenseful, a definite horror/shocker in a Sci-Fi setting.

Comment

• 2 Bogart movies on TCM:

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

• The Ghost Writer

'The Ghost Writer' (2010) by top notch director Roman Polanski,
              based on a thriller by Richard Harris, who cannot write a bad script.

An intelligent political thriller, set in a believably haunting setting.

Had a gorgeous night at the movies because everything fitted
              BoRG

Comment

• Roman Polanski cannot be talented cause he abused a teenager 40 years ago.
                Plain and simple
                That rug really tied the room together

Comment

• I'm judging him as a director.
                  BoRG

Comment

I'm judging him as a director.
                    He is a good director of movies but I won't watch his movies either. Haven't seen one of his movies since Rosemary's Baby.

Comment

• Your good right of course but I think you're selling yourself short Bob.

Polanksi wil not lose any sleep over it and you're missing out on some well directed movies.
                      BoRG

Comment

Your good right of course but I think you're selling yourself short Bob.

Polanksi wil not lose any sleep over it and you're missing out on some well directed movies.
                        The Ninth Gate was an excellent movie. One of my favourite Depp roles.
                        BoRG
                        "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

Comment

• Revenant - outstanding.
                          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

I'm judging him as a director.
                            Seb's right - you cannot judge a pedophile on his ability to direct.
                            Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Your good right of course but I think you're selling yourself short Bob.

You're right in that Polanski won't lose any sleep over my boycott, but it's a small victory for me. He doesn't have any of my money in his pocket.

We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Comment

• Just watched the original Predator for the first time in a long while. And even though Arnold wasn't at the time an even passable actor (is he now?), the movie is still an effective sci-fi/horror movie. The Predator is one of the best movie villains ever put on film. I'll watch a Predator Vs. Freddy Krueger movie if it's ever made.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X