This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Greybriar View Post
    I watched Inherit the Wind last night. It was the 1960 film starring Spencer Tracy.
    So did I. Great movie.
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

• Watched 3 films in the last 3 days .

Assassins Creed was panned by the Critics, but I enjoyed it. Silly story, decent acting and great fight scenes. Total popcorn. Switch off brain and enjoy.

Heartbreak Ridge. Whatever else Mel Gibson might be, he does deliver a great war movie. This was the best I've seen since We Were Soldiers and Black Hawk Down, the former also by Mel. Recommended.

Watchmen. Its been a while since I've put this DVD on, but I'm never disappointed. That said, this should have been a TV series, given the amount of interesting detail left out.
      How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
      Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

• Prowl

Well, what can one say... I guess the original draft was thrown into a dustbin half finished and someone picked it up and decided to make something out of it and failed miserably. The acting is not terrible, it's just that what they act is utter trash.

The plot, well there isn't one. Teenage girl have to go to a city in order to rent an apartment to escape the horrible life that she supposedly lives. She and her friends borrows a car that predictably brakes down and they are later picked up by a trucker who let them ride in the cargo compartment. He then dumps them into an abandoned warehouse where they are attacked by vampire things. All but two of them get eaten and the main character discovers that she is a vampire too and they escape to some other abandoned place where she kills and eats a hobo. And that's the end. That's it. Even this review has more content than this utterly pointless creation.
        “For there is nothing more serious than a lunatic when he comes to the central point of his lunacy.”

Max Sterner

Comment

• Passengers: mush better than I expected. The trailers made it look as if there was some conspiracy involved but there wasn’t.
          Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

• Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

• So I watched FURY for the first time last night. So incredibly predictable. Didn't know whether to turn of the telly or laugh....or both. I think the concept and premise had huge potential, but it quickly descended into very clichéd, and unmitigated crap.

You'll live, only the best get killed.

-General Charles de Gaulle

Comment

• SKs it.Brill.
                Wack tac mac hey.
                Regards.
                Grishnak.

Comment

• Two recent films.

The Great Wall. Okay popcorn for a Saturday night. Nothing more. Rating C- if you've had a beer or two.

Rogue One. I really enjoyed this, the best since TESB imho. Only let down by dodgy cgi for Leia's and Cushing's faces, which was not important. The former could have been filmed from behind so that her face wasn't required, while Cushing could of had his scenes via hologram. Didn't let down the rest of the film, although a few more seconds of DV in combat would have been enjoyable. Rating A+.
                  How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
                  Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

• Hell or High Water

A modern western/crime thriller movie. Ben Foster and Chris Pine play two brothers who rob banks trying to save the family farm. I don't want to give away too much of the plot. Jeff Bridges, who plays a Texas Ranger, just about owns this movie. It has a 98% rating on Rotten Tomatoes, which is almost unheard of.

Even though the movie is set in West Texas, it was actually filmed in New Mexico. I recognized a motel from the movie, Sunset Motel, that is in Moriarty New Mexico.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Just watched Maleficent again.Top film.
                      Wack tac mac hey.
                      Regards.
                      Grishnak.

Comment

• The GF dragged me out to see Beauty and the Beast.
                        Poor Emma Watson just can not get away from castles or being a book worm.
                        Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

• Originally posted by grishnak View Post
                          Just watched Maleficent again.Top film.

Just for you buddy, (It's done quite well.)

Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

• My Honor was Loyalty, a low-budget WW2 film about SS Soldiers in Ukraine and France. Was on Aussie netflix, pretty bad acting, dialogue, effects, etc, also seemed vaguely apologetic (ok the SS did bad things but they were the victims as well).

In regards to Netflix - rewatched The Siege of Jadotville, enjoyable war movie about a forgotten action.
                            You, the mothers, who sent their sons from faraway countries wipe away your tears; your sons are now lying in our bosom and are in peace, after having lost their lives on this land they have become our sons as well.

-- Ataturk

Comment

• Saw a couple of rented movies:

Rogue One is a very well done job. I loved the scene of Darth Vader mowing down a bunch of rebel troopers as the corvette readies to escape. That alone is nearly worth enough to own the movie. The cast is outstanding and the story almost makes sense.

Patriot's Day is another good movie retelling the story behind Boston Marathon attacks. Nearly every detail told is accurate and even adds the surveillance footage which boosts the movie's accuracy. I liked the gunfight between terrorists and cops, but I don't know if the scene depicting the gunfight is overly dramatic or not.

I give both movies a big thumb up.

Dan
                              Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

• Went to see Ghost n the shell. I can’t even blame my GF for this one.
                                It was a good movie, I haven’t slept that well in weeks.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X