Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The new independence day movie...it was bad. Like, really really bad. Like, someone took a bucket of **** and threw it on the screen.
    Wisdom is personal

    Comment


    • Quite. It had potential until it went full retard.

      Jason Bourne wasn't bad. It's not something that'll go down in history as a cinematic epic, but it had elements of a good spy thriller, and had all the bits that you liked about the first three Bournes....
      Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

      Comment


      • Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
        Quite. It had potential until it went full retard.

        Jason Bourne wasn't bad. It's not something that'll go down in history as a cinematic epic, but it had elements of a good spy thriller, and had all the bits that you liked about the first three Bournes....

        Meaning Julia Stiles.
        Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

        Comment


        • Чистилище (Purgatory)
          Russian 1997 film about 1st Chechen War.
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQ2XZ8W2t-o
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIQSLN5ZNws
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJ2h1nHqjMc
          "Keep Calm. Use Less X's"

          Comment


          • "The Secret Lives of Pets". Bring your kids. Don't get a bunny rabbit or alligator as a pet.

            Comment


            • Suicide Squad is quite a stinker as well. Where's all the funny bits we were promised? It's just more of the dark DC sewer-verse.
              Credo quia absurdum.


              Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

              Comment


              • Top Gun. Finally forced to watch it by the missus. I'm not an expert concerning aviation, but the combat scenes looked less than authentic. Can see why it was a classic but it appears to have dated badly.

                Batman vs Superman. Ultimate/stupendous etc etc edition. Pretty good, but too long. It needed at Batman prequel to develop Ben Affleck's version of the character, which would alleviate the need for a 3hr film. WW was underused.

                Jungle Book and BFG. Went with my kids to see these. Thoroughly enjoyed.

                The Purge. Enjoyed this, but would have liked to see another 15-30 mins to develop the plot with the neighbours. Nice to see Cersei Lannister in another role.
                How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
                Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post
                  Top Gun. Finally forced to watch it by the missus. I'm not an expert concerning aviation, but the combat scenes looked less than authentic. Can see why it was a classic but it appears to have dated badly.

                  Batman vs Superman. Ultimate/stupendous etc etc edition. Pretty good, but too long. It needed at Batman prequel to develop Ben Affleck's version of the character, which would alleviate the need for a 3hr film. WW was underused.

                  Jungle Book and BFG. Went with my kids to see these. Thoroughly enjoyed.

                  The Purge. Enjoyed this, but would have liked to see another 15-30 mins to develop the plot with the neighbours. Nice to see Cersei Lannister in another role.
                  Agree with all your reviews.

                  You and I must be in the minority on Top Gun. I hated that movie when it came out 1986 and still hate it today. It was the beginning of the run of Jerry Bruckheimer crap movies that dominated the 80s and 90s.
                  Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

                  Comment


                  • Finally got to go see Star Trek Beyond.

                    I enjoyed it. A good sci fi action movie.

                    Nice tribute Leonard Nimoy.

                    Comment


                    • Raiders of the Lost Ark.

                      Can't remember the last time I watched this. That said, it was thoroughly enjoyable. Apart from when the Ark was opened, the film had not dated.
                      How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
                      Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

                      Comment


                      • I saw "Anthropoid" today with my wife. I give it 5 out of 5. My wife gave it a 4 out of 5 - not crazy about the subject matter. It is the story of the plot to assassinate Reinhard Heydrich in Prague in 1942. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. It was filmed Prague etc. and i enjoyed the scenes - it was good in the sense of being a "period peace". I also enjoyed the pacing - in other words, the beginning didn't drag and the climactic scene was not drawn out.
                        Last edited by lakechampainer; 21 Aug 16, 18:00.

                        Comment


                        • Inside Llewyn Davis



                          Excellent film by the Coen Brothers.
                          "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

                          Homer


                          BoRG

                          Comment


                          • Captain America: Civil War with the grandson. Good movie made even better by the $3 matinee ticket price.
                            Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post
                              Batman vs Superman. Ultimate/stupendous etc etc edition. Pretty good, but too long. It needed at Batman prequel to develop Ben Affleck's version of the character, which would alleviate the need for a 3hr film. WW was underused.
                              It was only 2.5 hrs, and I wish it was longer.

                              But I don't go to the theatre. I watch at home on my nice big screen, and my Audio-Technica headphones, with plenty of beer.

                              Just finished watching Man of Steel and B vs S back to back yesterday.

                              Excellent movies.
                              ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

                              BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

                              BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
                                Suicide Squad is quite a stinker as well. Where's all the funny bits we were promised? It's just more of the dark DC sewer-verse.
                                The trailer makes it look great. Is the trailer all that's good about it?
                                ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

                                BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

                                BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

                                Comment

                                Latest Topics

                                Collapse

                                Working...
                                X