Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just watched D-Day: 6th of June on AMC and now I am going to watch The Osterman Weekend.
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The ugliest of things is that man who thinks nothing is worth fighting and dying for and lets men better and braver than himself protect him". John Stuart Mill

Comment

• I'd seen bits before, but this was the first time all the way through.

"Do you like your new weapon? It's wonderful...Try it on yourselves, not others. I told you, this tank reacts to impulses of fear. Try not to think of danger. The machine can read your thoughts..."

Comment

• Thunderball (Sean Connery as James Bond - the best one).

As you can probably tell by the amount of recent posts on this thread and the 'Clint Eastwood' one as well, I've had a few days off work (and been more than a bit lazy!)

HONNEUR ET FIDÉLITÉ

"Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won." - Duke of Wellington at Waterloo.

Comment

• Charade

In the Heat of the Night

Love. Where does it come from?
          from The Thin Red Line

Comment

• Public enemies.
            Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

• The Hurt Locker Great film centered around an Army bomb-squad unit in Iraq. I think everyone should see it. Very well done and surpassed all my expectations. I want to tell more about it, talk about events in the film, but I don't want to spoil it for anybody. Check your local theater listings and check it out if you are able. The Hurt Locker .

Comment

• Just watched The Final Option....a little cheesy but entertaining.
                "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The ugliest of things is that man who thinks nothing is worth fighting and dying for and lets men better and braver than himself protect him". John Stuart Mill

Comment

• Unforgiven.Such a great movie.It's definately one of my favorites.
                  ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

• Last night I watched Wanted - so-so at best - and Eagle Eye. I liked Eagle Eye much better.

Even Angelina Jolie wasn't enough to save Wanted.
                    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

• Last movie I saw before departing civilization was Public Enemies. Good film. The Tommy Gun gets a proper workout and they also show the BAR. The Little Bohemia shootout scene was an excellent cinematic gun battle. I'd place it up there near the Heat shootout.

They killed Pretty Boy Floyd way too early in the movie though. Not only historically inaccurate, but disappointing. I was hoping my relative would get better coverage.

It makes a good conversation piece.

"I'm related to a famous Civil War general."

"I'm related to a great statesman."

"I'm related to a bankrobber."

*Room falls silent*

Of course I can also list King Richard the Lionheart in my pedigree but between the promiscuity of the nobility and nearly 1000 years of intermarrying who isn't related to at least one famous noble?
                      A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

• The Hustler

A tight story that looks at winning and losing, and how we define ourselves by that.

from The Thin Red Line

Comment

• Deliverence

"He got a real pretty mouth, ain't he?"
                          from The Thin Red Line

Comment

• Akira Kurosawa's "Yojimbo".

Comment

• The Shield season 7, a very disappointing ending to a great show.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boonierat View Post
                                The Shield season 7, a very disappointing ending to a great show.

Very disappointing. I miss that show alot.
                                If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X