Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post
    Recently watched Ninja Assassin, Shoot Em Up and The Punisher : War Zone. All the same film really. Linear plot, decent effects and uber violence involving one good man using immoral means to fight evil in the most gory way possible.

    None of them were particularly special, but taken for what they were, certainly enjoyable enough.



    Ninja Assassin was written by J Michael Straczynski, he who wrote Babylon 5. I had expected a deeper plot, and thus slightly disappointed when it turned out to be a simple run of the mill action movie. However, I still didn't regret watching it.
    Interesting tastes you've got there Nick.
    John

    Play La Marseillaise. Play it!

    Comment


    • I'm in the middle of The Battle of the River Plate (Pursuit of the Graf Spee). I love movies where big German ships get chased by the Brits and eventually sink.
      John

      Play La Marseillaise. Play it!

      Comment


      • Originally posted by JBark View Post
        Interesting tastes you've got there Nick.

        Depends on the day.
        Sunday = Costume drama eg Poirot, Hannay, Sherlock Holmes (with Jeremy Brett), Wings.
        Monday to Thursday = TV Series on DVD eg Deadwood, Rome, Pillars of the Earth, latest BSG.
        Friday + Saturday = Action or Comedy movie eg Under Siege, Gladiator, Thor, Sideways, Dodgeball, Green Lantern.

        Don't tend to watch normal TV, except BBC4 doc's .
        How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
        Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

        Comment


        • Very depressing movie.

          Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by R. Evans View Post
            Very depressing movie.

            If you want a second dose read the book.
            "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

            Homer


            BoRG

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Captain General View Post
              If you want a second dose read the book.
              I'll pass if it's as grim as the movie was. And I'm sure that the book is better than the movie. Books are 99% of the time. It wasn't a bad movie, there just wasn't much to cheer about.

              Is there a different ending to the book? The family that "takes" in the boy at the end of the movie, were they "good guys"? It seemed that way to me and I'd like to keep the thought that the boy survived. If he became "food" for the family, that would just be too horrible.
              Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by R. Evans View Post
                I'll pass if it's as grim as the movie was. And I'm sure that the book is better than the movie. Books are 99% of the time. It wasn't a bad movie, there just wasn't much to cheer about.

                Is there a different ending to the book? The family that "takes" in the boy at the end of the movie, were they "good guys"? It seemed that way to me and I'd like to keep the thought that the boy survived. If he became "food" for the family, that would just be too horrible.
                Same ending.

                Yes, they were "good guys". They had a daughter of similar age as the boy so some hope exists they could find a safe place and have kids. Plus the dog belonged to them so some possibility that a few animals had also survived.

                Plus they had better weapons (shotguns with a couple bandoliers of shells) so some chance of defending themselves.

                Not much but something I guess.
                "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

                Homer


                BoRG

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Captain General View Post
                  Same ending.

                  Yes, they were "good guys". They had a daughter of similar age as the boy so some hope exists they could find a safe place and have kids. Plus the dog belonged to them so some possibility that a few animals had also survived.

                  Plus they had better weapons (shotguns with a couple bandoliers of shells) so some chance of defending themselves.

                  Not much but something I guess.
                  Cool. Thanks, CG.
                  Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

                  Comment


                  • Tinker. Tailor, Soldier, Spy last night. 4 Stars
                    This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                    Comment


                    • Eight Iron Men




                      The Sea Wolf



                      Young Winston

                      "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

                      Homer


                      BoRG

                      Comment


                      • Very watchable.

                        Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

                        Comment


                        • Just watched 'A Bridge Too Far' again the other night. About once a month or two I have to watch it.
                          "You listen to the ol' Pork Chop Express on a dark and stormy night......"

                          Comment




                          • It's only for my literature class. I'd never be caught reading such a book on my own accord.
                            "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

                            --Hávamál

                            Comment


                            • Not movies, but I'm currently sitting here watching Frasier.

                              -Matt
                              SGT, 210th MP Battalion, 2nd MP BDE, MSSG

                              Fervently PRO-TRUMP, anti-Islam and anti-Steelers!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Super Six 4 View Post


                                It's only for my literature class. I'd never be caught reading such a book on my own accord.
                                Why not? Austen's books are good for understanding the era.
                                If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

                                Comment

                                Latest Topics

                                Collapse

                                Working...
                                X