• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nick Broomfields Battle for Haditha

Has anyone else seen it ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul Mann III View Post
      Henry Hill was (and probably still is) a coke-sucking snitch who makes great claims about things that never happened.

He was fringe, and he ratted out 50 good men and continued to use dope in the Witness Protection Program. He got thrown out of the program at least twice...

F*** Henry Hill...
      Now,now Cody! Be nice!
      If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

• Originally posted by Lance Williams View Post
        I saw that one a while ago and as you say it was quite good. Jones was great as always as was Charlize Theron. I admire her for taking roles where she downplays her beauty (which is hard to do) so you can she just how great an actress she is.
        I agree!
        A ME LE GUARDIE
        "Di noi tremò la nostra vecchia gloria. Tre secoli di fede e una vittoria". Gabriele D'Annunzio

Comment

• Tomorrow I get to watch Battleground on full size theater screen...

Damn, it's gonna be sweet!
          "This life..., you know, "the life." You’re not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you don’t shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

• Originally posted by Golani View Post
            Gran Torino, awesome.
            The only other Drama I remember enjoying so much was 'A Perfect World'.
            I saw it yesterday. Old Clint is superb. Great story with a wonderful main character. A must see
            A ME LE GUARDIE
            "Di noi tremò la nostra vecchia gloria. Tre secoli di fede e una vittoria". Gabriele D'Annunzio

Comment

• Genghis Khan:To the ends of the Earth and Sea

Very good film,I feel that it is superior to Mongol,which I liked as well.
              If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

• This week's assignment for Film Arts class...

True Story of G.I. Joe

Ernie Pyle was my movie this week on the jumbo theater screen at the college campus...

It was so nice to see soldiers and reporters bonding...
                "This life..., you know, "the life." You’re not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you don’t shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul Mann III View Post
                  True Story of G.I. Joe

Ernie Pyle was my movie this week on the jumbo theater screen at the college campus...

It was so nice to see soldiers and reporters bonding...
                  I always thought that Burgess Meredith was a great actor and portraying Pyle one of his finest performances.
                  Lance W.

Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

• I got the chance to get the tv and DVD player to myself the other day and re watched 'The quiet American'

Also 'Spirited away' - brilliant animation, as is 'Howls moving castle'

And 'Amelie', sorry, it is just a brilliant 'feel good' movie which I turn to if I feel hacked off.

HONNEUR ET FIDÉLITÉ

"Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won." - Duke of Wellington at Waterloo.

Comment

• Amelie is a personal favorite of mine. I watch it about once every 3 months!
                      History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
                      _________
                      BoRG

Comment

• Not so much a movie as a docudrama, but I just saw Sun Tzu on the History Channel.
                        TTFN

Comment

• Originally posted by Kendoka Girl View Post
                          Not so much a movie as a docudrama, but I just saw Sun Tzu on the History Channel.
                          I tried to watch that on Sunday. But I just can't get into how they over-dramatize everything. That 2 hour show could have been distilled down to about 20 minutes of actual history and discussion.

And I particularly don't like how the Vietnam Was is being re-written in their so called histories. Tactical, strategic, and out-right stupid blunders on the part of the political and military leaders of the US, should not be interpreted as military genius on the part of the North Vietnamese leadership. IMO.

End of rant. Sorry.
                          History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
                          _________
                          BoRG

Comment

• 9th Company (9 Rota). Very good war movie with some brilliant central performances. Its a shame they changed the actual story so much but still a great film, some very powerful scenes.

Comment

• The new Star Trek. VERY entertaining movie.

Comment

• Originally posted by TJAdams View Post
                                The new Star Trek. VERY entertaining movie.
                                Me too. A nice diversion in these troubled times. No thinking required.
                                _________
                                BoRG

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X