This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Torien View Post
    I think that was Hitchcock's best contribution to the cinema...

Only using the absolute best looking leading ladies...

Like Cary Grant?
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

• No, no, no!

These ladies:

History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
      _________
      BoRG

Comment

• I was making a joke, but few people are likely to remember Cary Grant in I Was A Male War Bride.

Last edited by Mountain Man; 23 Apr 09, 22:34.
        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          I was making a joke, but few people are likely to remember Cary Grant in I Was A Male War Bride.
          "...4F...you look A1 to me!"
          History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
          _________
          BoRG

Comment

• I Love You, Man
            Love. Where does it come from?
            from The Thin Red Line

Comment

• Originally posted by Dolley View Post
              I Love You, Man

Thanks, I didn't know you cared that much.
              Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

• Run Silent, Run Deep

A few nights ago I caught the great '50's sub movie Run Silent, Run Deep that co-stars Clark Gable and Burt Lancaster along with a great supporting cast. It was on my local PBS station in high definition and full 2.35:1 wide screen. I know I'd seen it before years ago, but only in the cropped 4:3 of analog TV.

This is a great flick, along with The Enemy Below they're probably the best submarine movies made prior to Das Boot.

Anybody else see it?
                Lance W.

Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

• Saw McCabe and Mrs. Miller at the campus theater, it was breathtaking on the big screen...

I wish I could see Jermiah Johnson in the same venue...
                  "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

• Waltz with Bashir . Cool movie.
                    "[...]

While Brittania's Huns with their long-range guns
                    Sailed in through the foggy dew.

[...]"

Comment

• Gran Torino, awesome.
                      The only other Drama I remember enjoying so much was 'A Perfect World'.

Comment

• In the valley of Elah. Good film about difficult themes, with an outstanding actor like Tommy Lee Jones.
                        A ME LE GUARDIE
                        "Di noi tremÚ la nostra vecchia gloria. Tre secoli di fede e una vittoria". Gabriele D'Annunzio

Comment

• Originally posted by Granatiere View Post
                          In the valley of Elah. Good film about difficult themes, with an outstanding actor like Tommy Lee Jones.
                          I saw that one a while ago and as you say it was quite good. Jones was great as always as was Charlize Theron. I admire her for taking roles where she downplays her beauty (which is hard to do) so you can she just how great an actress she is.
                          Lance W.

Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

• Watched Chronicles of Riddick and Goodfellas.
                            "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain General View Post
                              Watched Chronicles of Riddick and Goodfellas.
                              Goodfellas is tha bomb!! Henry Hill pops up in the news from time to time.
                              If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

• Originally posted by Legate View Post

Goodfellas is tha bomb!! Henry Hill pops up in the news from time to time.
                                Henry Hill was (and probably still is) a coke-sucking snitch who makes great claims about things that never happened.

He was fringe, and he ratted out 50 good men and continued to use dope in the Witness Protection Program. He got thrown out of the program at least twice...

F*** Henry Hill...
                                "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X