Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Paul Mann III View Post
    I saw a bunch of street interviews done in Germany. All of the people questioned seemed to think Stauffenberg and the others were the hero type.

    In fact, the interviews gave the impression that all of Germany loves these guys, and always have.
    That is true, and I did not say that he wasn't.
    But definately not the superhero Hollywood is trying to make him into.
    There are too many other Germans, far more influential in the german Resistance to the Third Reich than Klaus Graf von Stauffenberg ever was.
    Those remain unknown to this day to the american puplic.
    I agree that Valkyre is made good for entertainment of the american puplic and the not so well educated germanpart of the puplic aswell.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Konzev View Post
      That is true, and I did not say that he wasn't.
      But definately not the superhero Hollywood is trying to make him into.
      There are too many other Germans, far more influential in the german Resistance to the Third Reich than Klaus Graf von Stauffenberg ever was.
      Those remain unknown to this day to the american puplic.
      I agree that Valkyre is made good for entertainment of the american puplic and the not so well educated germanpart of the puplic aswell.
      I haven't seen the film yet, so I have no opinion on it. It seems worth a look though, from various things I've read and seen about it.

      Hollywood likes heroes...
      "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

      BoRG

      Comment


      • "Do you like your new weapon? It's wonderful...Try it on yourselves, not others. I told you, this tank reacts to impulses of fear. Try not to think of danger. The machine can read your thoughts..."

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Przemyslaw View Post
          I like Stauffenberg much more.

          I agree!

          Comment


          • Valkyre

            Originally posted by Paul Mann III View Post
            I haven't seen the film yet, so I have no opinion on it. It seems worth a look though, from various things I've read and seen about it.

            Hollywood likes heroes...
            By all means, Valkyre is worthwhile to watch. I do recomand however
            to watch "STAUFFENBERG" aswell. Compare them, and please express your
            findings here on this forum. Would be well appreciated.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Konzev View Post

              By all means, Valkyre is worthwhile to watch. I do recomand however
              to watch "STAUFFENBERG" aswell. Compare them, and please express your
              findings here on this forum. Would be well appreciated.
              Sounds like a good evening to me.

              Is Stauffenberg hard to find?
              "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

              BoRG

              Comment


              • Short under 4 minute a m a z i n g film Wright Flyer

                You've gotta' see this.

                My brother sent it to me.


                http://www.europafilmtreasures.eu/PY...que.htm?ID=322

                not certain about copyrights. Maybe so old it's public?
                Last edited by 17thAirborneSon; 09 Mar 09, 14:31. Reason: IMPROVED LINK
                17thAirborneSon

                "The horizon is unlimited." Major General Matthew Ridgeway

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Paul Mann III View Post
                  Sounds like a good evening to me.

                  Is Stauffenberg hard to find?
                  Sort of, right now it is only available in Germany:

                  http://www.amazon.de/Stauffenberg-Se...6625295&sr=8-1

                  I also have a version with english subtitles from an Asian Seller:

                  That I bought 3 years ago on ebay

                  Maybe my polish friends have a saleslink for the polish release, that to my best nowledge came with english subtitles.

                  Comment


                  • Link did not work

                    Originally posted by 17thAirborneSon View Post
                    You've gotta' see this.

                    My brother sent it to me.


                    http://www.europafilmtreasures.eu/PY...flying_machine

                    not certain about copyrights. Maybe so old it's public?
                    I pasted that link of your recomandation into the browser, it didn't work.
                    Please use the [Link function] on top of the page, the one with the Globe
                    & chain symbol. Copy and paste the link there.

                    Comment


                    • Saw Watchmen yesterday. Interesting film. Very violent.

                      Not quite sure what I think of it yet.
                      History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
                      _________
                      BoRG
                      __________
                      "I am Arthur, King of the Britons!"

                      Comment


                      • Nosferatu


                        Comment


                        • Probably a repetive reply, but Gran Torino was my last movie watched, a very good one at that, having MR Eastwood play a catholic? was funny, also.

                          THe weak link being the chinese girl who at times resembled a rank amateur actress, but then redeemed herself , but still a weak link in the movie.
                          I dunno I was drunk at the time...a sinner before God.

                          Comment


                          • I watched Girlfight (2000) last night, Michele Rodriguez' first film. Although it was obviously done on a small budget it is a very good movie. Even the requisite love story goes against the norm. I guess this role set the stage for Rodriguez because in every role I've seen her in since she always plays one tough chick. 3 stars out of 4.
                            Lance W.

                            Peace through superior firepower.

                            Comment


                            • Maybe my polish friends have a saleslink for the polish release, that to my best nowledge came with english subtitles.
                              In Poland Stauffenberg was released about some six years ago, but it was very cheap version with Polish subtitles only, as You can see here:

                              http://www.oceandvd.pl/search.php?cm...cemax=&x=0&y=0
                              "[...]

                              While Brittania's Huns with their long-range guns
                              Sailed in through the foggy dew.


                              [...]"

                              Comment


                              • Last night I watched 633 Sqn and The McKenzie Break.

                                Comment

                                Latest Topics

                                Collapse

                                Working...
                                X