Is Australia any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Australia any good?

The posters for the movie "Australia" just hit the movie theatres here. It stars Nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman. The missus is keen to catch it because of you-know-who.

The $9.50 x 2 question - has anyone seen it and is it any good?

wouldnt have a bloody clue, it hasnt opened here yet, ...but...if you sdee it, remember that this is where i currently live, so, ...i dont need to see it in a bloody movie cinema...

Comment

Give Austrulia a break, your up in Darwin. That's a long way from OZ
      "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

That's pretty bad. I can't believe it opened in Singapore before Oz. Somebody needs to have a word with Baz!

Comment

Here's the trailer, looks like a collection of clichés about Australia but what do I know?

Comment

Originally posted by Biscuit View Post
            That's pretty bad. I can't believe it opened in Singapore before Oz. Somebody needs to have a word with Baz!
            Not yet. The posters are up. Seems to be opening in Dec.

Comment

Originally posted by Boonierat View Post
              Here's the trailer, looks like a collection of clichés about Australia but what do I know?

Why are the men sweaty and dirty?

Comment

Originally posted by Ogukuo72 View Post
                That is the image that the good old ausie bloke likes to present to the World, whereas in reality they wash the dirt off pretty regularly and are only sweaty!!! Ha Ha, (Honest!)
                'By Horse by Tram'.

I was in when they needed 'em,not feeded 'em.
                " Youuu 'Orrible Lot!"

Comment

The trailer looks awful - pity because some of it was filmed in Bowen - not too far from where I once lived. Sort of reminds me of the Australian soap opera McLeod's Daughters.
                  Cliched - comes to mind - I'm not really taken with the uber-masculinity of Australian men as presented. As lcm1 notes - they even wash - and quite regularly. Mostly they're not into too much fighting - apart from a bit of argy bargy - they certainly seem to wither in the face of more aggressive races such as Pacific Islanders and Lebanese.

Comment

You know, for some strange reason, when watching that trailer, I thought of Gone with the Wind.

I wonder why?

Comment

I am not sure about this one yet. They supposedly put alot of energy into the clothing and making sure everything looked right, but I am not sure they put so much energy into the script!

Comment

..what, oh fair dinkum, Boonie, come of your high horse mate, she'll be right mate, you'll see....

Comment

Originally posted by apteryx View Post
                          The trailer looks awful - pity because some of it was filmed in Bowen - not too far from where I once lived. Sort of reminds me of the Australian soap opera McLeod's Daughters.
                          Cliched - comes to mind - I'm not really taken with the uber-masculinity of Australian men as presented. As lcm1 notes - they even wash - and quite regularly. Mostly they're not into too much fighting - apart from a bit of argy bargy - they certainly seem to wither in the face of more aggressive races such as Pacific Islanders and Lebanese.
                          ..ill take you down to Mitchell street in the city mate, for the weekly friday night street fight at 11 pm precisely , then make judgement on who is and isnt agressive up here......

Comment

Originally posted by Ogukuo72 View Post
                            ...come round to my place during the wet season, stand outside for 20 minutes doing any sort of manual labour, and find out...!

Comment

I can't wait to see this. It looks epic, and Luhrman's photography is always stunning.
                              Love. Where does it come from?
                              from The Thin Red Line

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X