I refuse to watch any Ben Affleck movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dolley View Post
    Ben Affleck: Good actor, but crap choices for the last few films he did. Let's not bag on the lad when there are those that love Steven Segal, Sylvester Stallone, and Arnold. They can't act.

Plus, Ben did a bang up job as a director for Gone Baby Gone.
    Sly can act hes not very good
    i surjest you go back and watch
    F.I.S.T
    first blood
    rocky 1
    you might be surprised

as for Steven Segal
    yea well ill give you that one but hes better than Keanu Reeves

and as for Arnold anyone who can do comedy can act
    FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY
    BAN ME NOW

Comment

Originally posted by Legate View Post
      I agree. Affleck is pretty good in the KSmith movies,probably his best work. Which isn't saying much.
      He's also OK as the bully in his first film, "Dazed and Confused", which is in my mind a classic, but I'm biased since I'm the class of '77 just like in the movie.
      Lance W.

Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Originally posted by Naffenea View Post
        Watch Ben in any Kevin Smith movie, you won't be disapointed. Or even better, go watch Voyage of the Mimi to see him as a young lad in a PBS series.
        He was in the Voyage of the Mimi? I remeber having to watch that in school...
        And it's over the mountain and over the Main,
        Through Gibralter, to France and Spain.
        Pit a feather tae your bonnet, and a kilt aboon your knee,
        Enlist my bonnie laddie and come awa with me.

Comment

Originally posted by ROOBARB View Post
          F.I.S.T
          first blood
          rocky 1
          you might be surprised

as for Steven Segal

No way. Steven Segal is one of the worst actors of all time. He got even worse when he got fat.
          Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Originally posted by salinator View Post
            No way. Steven Segal is one of the worst actors of all time. He got even worse when he got fat.
            I think you're right. How can that happen? Probably got lazy...
            Then he tried to team up with the young African-American actors to try and garner new fans, and that didn't work either.
            Love. Where does it come from?
            from The Thin Red Line

Comment

I think you're right. How can that happen? Probably got lazy...
              Then he tried to team up with the young African-American actors to try and garner new fans, and that didn't work either.
              Not African-Americans. Rappers.

And he got fat trying to kill the pill addiction. My old teacher and Segal shared some intructors back in the day. My teacher said Segal got hooked on the pain pills when he was coming up.
              "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

Affleck is bad as a stern faced hero but he plays comical roles allright. Chasing Amy is a good movie.

Comment

Stallone can act, and he has some excellent films to his credit. Unfortunately, Hollywoody Sequel-ism reared its ugly head and ruined many of the follow-on films.

His comedy film as the crime boss father of a young lady engaged to a geeky young man is classic. The first Rocky film remains unchallenged, and even Eastwood drew on it for his own film about a female boxer.

Schwarzenegger: The first Terminator. Twins, Kindergarden Cops were all excellent films.

Seagal: I agree totally. He got fat and his films became formula B movies, now mostly fuel for the Asian film market.

My opinion of Keanu Reeves depends entirely on the film. In films such as Matrix, Constantine, Critical Reaction and Walk In The Clouds he was excellent. At other times he acts like a zombie. Maybe it would help if his sexuality could be nailed down.

If you're looking for actiors who have literally free-fallen from the heights, start with Kevin Costner.

Meanwhile, Afflect is an excellent actor in those roles that he is comfortable in, and not as good in roles where he either isn't comfortable or the director is unable to draw out the required performance, things true of all actors.
                  Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Ben Affleck: Good actor, but crap choices for the last few films he did. Let's not bag on the lad when there are those that love Steven Segal, Sylvester Stallone, and Arnold. They can't act.

Plus, Ben did a bang up job as a director for Gone Baby Gone.
                    I second that. especially good int he kevin smith films.

that said, why people are so cruel on pearl harbor, ok, it has the really cheesy and long parts (which you advance on your remote) but some of the fight scenes are nice! but then I am a sucker for anything set in the pacific war...
                    "Freedom cannot exist without discipline, self-discipline, and rights cannot exist without duties. Those who do not observe their duties do not deserve their rights."--Oriana Fallaci

Comment

Originally posted by salinator View Post
                      yup i agree with you but hes better than Keanu Reeves any day of the week
                      FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY
                      BAN ME NOW

Comment

I have a shameful secret
                        There is an actor I can't watch in a film, his very presence sets my teeth on edge.

Gene Hackman

I know that the general consensus is that he is a great actor, but for some reason I can't stand him

Comment

You know, Redcoat, I love Hackman, but every stinking movie he's in he gives a speech. Have you ever noticed? It drives me nuts. I can see where you might dislike the guy.
                          from The Thin Red Line

Comment

Originally posted by ROOBARB View Post
                            F.I.S.T
                            first blood
                            rocky 1
                            you might be surprised

as for Steven Segal

Roob, if I'm gonna rewatch a movie, it's going to be a good film, and Rocky is the only one you listed. The others are crap. Young men and middle-aged women rarely see eye to eye on what constitutes a good film, so it's cool. You go on and love Sly movies and I'll pass.
                            from The Thin Red Line

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X